VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldnt care less what people say about the Vegas Golden Knights. I like them.

Where I'm from, I have never had a true home town team to cheer for. So I was never really interested in getting vested into pro sports.

Shortly after moving to Las Vegas, they announced they were petitioning for an NHL team. People scoffed. "What do 'desert dwellers' know about Hockey?" I said "Tell me more. I would love to have a hometown team."

Las Vegas gets the go ahead to create an expansion team. People laughed. "It'll never happen. Vegas isnt a sports town." I said "sign me up for tickets."

The Golden Knights are born and they freakin KILL IT. Most wins by an expansion team in their inaugural season, Most points by an expansion team in their inaugural season, The first team to make the playoffs in their inaugural season since 1980, The first modern-era expansion team to win their division in their inaugural season, The first team IN NHL HISTORY to shut out round 1 in the playoffs. I mean, Come on. They are having an AMAZING first year.

And I have been supporting them from conception (I feel like a proud papa).

Yet, people still say "You are just a bandwagon jumper."

I think they are just pissed because the limelight is shining bright on the Golden knights and not their team. I know my Cali based friends are pissed because the Kings and Ducks arent moving on.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Even though the Bruins are out of it, i am glad to see that there are three teams remaining that have never won the Cup. Especially glad that the Penguins are out and hoping that TB is next (i'm not bitter or anything :D)

That being said, i don't see how you can call fans of a team that has been in existence for one season "bandwagoners". They're a new team. I mean, are there people watching the games now that weren't watching in October? OF COURSE! But it's their first year. They couldn't ask for a better start to a team. Of course they are going to pick up fans along the way.

Enjoy the run! The journey to the first championship is always the best one.

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
36,204 Posts
It's a brand new team, so the negative connotation of "bandwagon fans" doesn't apply.

I enjoyed following them last year. We go to Vegas occasionally, they've got a great logo, they had good players and were very successful.

Believe me, they want and need every fan they've earned.

What are some of the all-time great bandwagon fandoms? The Golden State Warriors? Any team Lebron goes to?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts