VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my hands on some RX 350 headlights that had the projectors still intact and was thinking about retrofitting them to some lights.
Has anybody in town done this and how hard is it to do? Appreciate the info guys!

·
Registered
39,344 Posts
Re: Vegas has anyone done a HID retrofit (LSinLV)

Quote, originally posted by LSinLV »
please DON'T... you'll be blinding us locals...

Shut up whiny old man....
EDIT: My brother just called me, someone stole the headlights out of his RX 350!

Modified by VegasJetta at 6:38 PM 5-10-2007

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Vegas has anyone done a HID retrofit (LSinLV)

Quote, originally posted by LSinLV »
please DON'T...you'll be blinding us local's.....how did you "come across" these???

I spend way to much time on the internet and occasionally browse a site caledl propertyroom.com which sells stuff the police have confiscated. One of the auctions was three RX 350 headlights. I bought these right after I purchase my GTI and was planning on using them to practice joey modding before I attempted it on my headlights. I knew nothing of the HID retrofit at the time but after crusining the vortex I started researching the process a little. So last weekend I decided to pull one out and now I am wondering if I should try my hand at it or not.

Is it something you guys think is worth doing or is it one of those buy oem HID and nothing else things?

Modified by supermega1 at 9:14 PM 5-10-2007

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Vegas has anyone done a HID retrofit (Plamen1985)

Quote, originally posted by Plamen1985 »
There was a good article in last month's Eurotuner about retrofitting HID's. . .I just found it online. . .Hope that helps ya out a bit
http://www.eurotuner.com/techa...ation/

Yeah that article is kinda what gave me the idea to do this.
Has anyone here done this and does anyone have any tips on how to make this a smooth process?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.