VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have the wheel well liner (i guess thats what u call it) vented to get more cooler air to their CAI. I was just curious to see if anyone has donme this (im sure they have) and how they did it. Do you have to screen it up at all? My only concern is water gettin up in there... any info would help..
thanks guys,
anthony

· Registered
33,807 Posts
Re: Venting the inside of the wheel well for cooler intake temps and more air? (ultimate steve)

Quote, originally posted by ultimate steve »
i think its in the DIY section

The one in the DIY if for the intercooler on the 1.8t. But I guess it would also be done to your CAI, though I personaly wouldnt do it. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
83 Posts
Re: Venting the inside of the wheel well for cooler intake temps and more air? (GTIdr_jones)

I think in a turbo app. such as the golf you are creating a nice low pressure zone with the turbine sucking in. If you put the liner behind it, that could/at some points would, be a lower pressure than the intake and would allow air to flow around the filter without getting sucked in. Now if your filter was pointing straight forward that would be a different story

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Venting the inside of the wheel well for cooler intake temps and more air? (CRX-RX)

so has anyone hacked up there fenderwall or nah? do u think it would be worrth it or do you all think it would be a bad idea? Im talking about my intake...not intercooler

· Registered
963 Posts
Re: Venting the inside of the wheel well for cooler intake temps and more air? (ao2002)

I dont think it would be worth the effort. The cross flow that would be allowed by the vent would probably only net you a few CFM, and at a very high speed, and even then you would likely struggle to see 1/4hp or so...
Just my .02...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.