VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, this morning, about 15 minutes ago in fact, some a$shole in a POS '85 Jetta cuts me off in the WaWa (Pa.-N.J. area convenience store chain) parking lot as I'm pulling out. It was either he hits me or I swerve to avoid him and HIT THE CURB, which is what happended. I had the right of way, so it was completely his F-ing fault. Plus, the guy looked like some scum bag loser on his way to smoke more crack.
Anyway, I'll be buying a new Michelin Pilot Sport tomorrow and sending the BBS RC to the wheel shop to have the huge gash removed from the side.
When I say I like to have pulled this guy from his car and beat him to death with a tire iron, I don't think I'm exaggerating.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: VENTING! (ultraman007)

Damages:
Cup of coffee I was buying when it happended: $1.00
Michelin Pilot Z, mounted and balanced: $224.
Cost of polishing out gash in rim: $75
Total Cost of damage w/ coffee: $300.
Finding and killing person responsible: Priceless.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts

well, if thats the case then i guess you went with the best option. (still wouldve wanted to beat the piss out of him!)
luckily though you didn't bend anything when you hit the curb... right?

·
Banned
282 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]
Cost of polishing out gash in rim: $75
[HR][/HR]​
Ultraman007 where did you send the wheel to be fixed. I put a nice gash into mine as well and want to get it fixed asap. What exactly did they do and are you satisfied with the result? Thanx

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: VENTING! (5ValveLover)

The rim is being repaired by Wheel Works in Burlington, NJ.
The business is owned by Tim Smith, who has a great reputation for custom wheel and offset creation and for alloy and motorcycle wheel repair. I've know the guy for about 10 years. He really does excellent work.
It's not too far from Philly. Maybe a half hour. The shop is on Route 130 North and Steven's Station Road.
The number is (609) 387 4488. Tell him Henry sent you.

·
Registered
290 Posts

What the heck are you doing???? Your wrecking you car piece by piece

Really sorry to hear what happened
Like someone else said, it could have been worse. You could be venting about damage to the steering or body. At least that did not happen

G

·
Registered
57 Posts
Re: VENTING! (IronG)

I know it's a hard decision to make, but when I have a choice of crashing with the person causing the accident or avoiding him to cause an accident which would be "my fault", i think its always better to hit the first party.
that way they dont get away with causing an accident without being in it, and bearing responsibility.
That's my theory, anyway.
I dont know how well i'd stick to this under pressure, though. Yesterday, I almost broadsided a lincoln navigator that was pulling up into the intersection BEFORE his light had turned green. I still had right of way...Would I have swerved away from him if he kept coming across?
maybe, maybe not.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Re: VENTING! (FixItAgainTony)

Be very careful in parking lots. I've seen a lot of stupid fender benders and just plain moronic driving. I worked in a Video Store during college and had a great view of all the idiots in the parking lot. The best was this teenage kid who was flying into the parking lot, from his angle it looked like the next spot was open (had an SUV blocking full view), so he peels into the spot only to hit a nice harley and knock it over. Next a huge guy cam running out of the coffee shop overlooking the accident, i really think the kid poop his pants. Moral of the story, be careful in parking lots, so many crazies.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.