VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I've been noticing a lot of Ventos and Boras, and I'm a little mixed up. I was originally told that boras were basically what they called jettas in germany, but then I was told the same thing about ventos. I'm not sure what the deal is, and I'm curious, so if you know what's going on let me know.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Re: Vento/Bora (Chuckles5150)

Basically, yes...in Germany..the Jetta(U.S.) are known as Vento and Bora....
You can purchase Bora and Vento badges through aftermarket accessorie dealers or e-Bay... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif So, if you see a Bora driving around...most likely...it is a Jetta...with a Bora badge...

Hope this helps!!!

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Re: Vento/Bora (candywhitepassattemp)

I think the change in Europe was due to the Jetta never being a big seller as the Golf was - the Vento didn't particularly sell either, so another name change

The Bora is doing much better - marketed more as a 'compact executive' car.

·
Registered
22,318 Posts
Re: Vento/Bora (Rallybug)

Rallybug, this is of course correct, and The Jetta name was retaind in USA because the Jetta 2 was the biggest selling European nameplate for ears runing. That's why they didnt change the name there, as they were afraid that the sales would slope when people didnt recognize the Vento as the next Jetta.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.