VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got a spare fender for my 88 golf and i'm in the process of grafting in a vent section (from a 73 beetle decklid) where the banana light was. my question though, is what about the inner fender? the point of the vent is to get fresh air to the air filter, so obviously i'm going to have to cut the inner fender too. i'm just curious though, what have people done there? anything special or just a hole? i was thinking about cutting out a square section only leaving the back edge un cut, and bending the flap to form a scoop, to direct air onto the filter (i run a jamex cone filter.) then i'd weld in pieces of metal to connect the flap to the inner fender, leaving the front open to the vent. does this sound like a good idea? and also, how do you keep leaves and crap from getting in there? screen behind the vent maybe? and what about when it rains? would water soak the filter?

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
Re: vents grafted into the right front fender... what about the inner fender? (VWUberAlles)

isnt it usually the tube that connect to the airbox get the air from the outside fender?

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: vents grafted into the right front fender... what about the inner fender? (87GolfKart)

i dunno, i don't have an airbox..

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Re: vents grafted into the right front fender... what about the inner fender? (VWUberAlles)

My buddy took the vents out of the hood and put them in his right fender. They are just in the outer fender. He has the crazy chromed out Green jetta that was at waterfest and at hot import nights at the Street Glow display

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: vents grafted into the right front fender... what about the inner fender? (kevinrocco)

thats cool but i want mine to actually do something.. that is the purpose right? not just to look cool?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts