VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Re: (pturner67)

Quote, originally posted by pturner67 »
It's not the injectors. They listened to the sound. If it were the injectors, it would happen all the time. This is a very specific loud tapping sound (near the glove box) that happens after the car is warm and after the A/C has been on for a few minutes. When you turn off the A/C, the tapping is STILL there. When you turn the car off and restart it, the sound isn't there. So, they know it isn't the A/C fans or a leaf in the system since the sound is still there without the A/C on. One guy said there was an issue with some of the early production 2.0T models but that mine was manufactured after that fix was done.
The tech doesn't know exactly what it is. He says it is definitely not normal and is not the "sewing machine' sound the 2.0T sometimes puts out.
Taking the car to the dealer Tuesday 12/27. I will post the results after they fix it.

Modified by pturner67 at 7:35 PM 12-21-2005
This is normal. Every VW I've driven has made this sound. I believe it is emmisions related.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Re: very fast tapping sound (pturner67)

Quote, originally posted by pturner67 »
Well guys and gals....it isn't fixed...noise is back...another appt set for Wed next week...the dealer has called VW Customer Relations as well over the issue....they said it will be fixed this time even if it takes getting me a new car...I said "new car? uuuhhh...yeah"
will keep you posted
There is nothing wrong with the car. I could've told you the noise was going to come back especially since they didn't fix anything. I have heard this noise on every VW I've ever been in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.