VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Re: (alfzong)

Quote, originally posted by alfzong »
dammet, the noise is on my car now

as long as it doesnt mess with performance, im good, ill just raise the volume, sucks i cant hear the song of the engine w/o that damn tapping.
alf

HAHA karmas a ***** isn't it lol
as for all these morons saying the tapping isn't anything, if you can hear it while the radio is at 12 then it's obviously something messed up.
Mine started doing this and it's not like this small tapping noise at all, I would describe it as a banging/slapping noise more then anything. Sounds like a line is banging/slapping against something metal etc. If it was a small ticking noise then who cares, but it's not. so saying nothing is wrong with it when you haven't even heard the noise is retarded. For all you know it's so loud the guy across the street with his headphones on can hear it. So until you hear it shush

In fact I'll go videotape it. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by gtiiiiiiii at 12:13 PM 5-10-2006

Modified by thread at 5:01 PM 5-10-2006

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Re: (GolfRS)

lol I had this problem just start so I had to revive it

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Re: ([email protected])

mine is doing this very randomly and wouldn't rattle when I went to go videotape it (of course), but I have the camera in my car now and will videotape it next time it starts to do this http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Re: very fast tapping sound (TheBox)

Mines been doing it again now that's it's cold and rainy season. I've positive it's some sort of line tapping against something near the glove box. It's really annoying and anyone that rides me asks what the hell that noise is. It's not the normal engine sound, because it's coming from inside the car. That along with my exhaust rattle I just developed (I knocked my exhaust loose on accident and haven't tightened it back up) is adding up to alot of noises in my car

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.