VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Re: very fast tapping sound (pturner67)

Had the same problem 2 weeks ago and took it in to the dealer.....I had a tapping or ticking sound in the glove box/psg side kick panel area usually around 800-1000 rpm and was very annoying.
Service advisor said it was normal (emissions or something). I then asked to have a mech who was walking by to take a quick listen and said its NOT normal....brought it in the next day and it was the fuel line hitting against the firewall/ transmission tunnell area....wrapped the anti rattle kit around it (a.k.a insulation) and its been fine since.
posted a link over on the mkv forum and there has been a couple others with the same problem

·
Registered
138 Posts
Re: very fast tapping sound (pturner67)

Quote, originally posted by pturner67 »

according to the dealer, this seems to be the problem...but they said it's coming from an area not accessible...somewhere down inside the frame...sounds odd...but should hear something soon from them...they are keeping the car and dealing with engineers at VW corporate to find a solution...crazy...but at least they have loaned me a new 2.0T passat to drive while it's in the the shop

Glad they found it and keep us up to date....It only took them a short time to fix mine and this is what the service order said "Traced noise to fuel lines vibrating against vehicle. RE-RI lower covers and placed foam from anti-rattle kit".
I found it odd when the sevice advisor said it was a normal VW emissions thing...at idle in traffic with the radio at level 7-8 you could hear this damn rattle, and everyone that was with me would always ask too (that was even more annoying)...
Now if they can fix the premium sound reception problem, my car will be perfect....dont get me wrong though. I consider these 2 things minor being a completley redesined car and expected some small growing pains. Overall though this vehicle has exceeded my expectations and im glad I went with this over the TSX. (im having way to much fun driving).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.