VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Re: (syntrix)

I well I just discovered the same noise as the flapping noise from the emission purge valve in 1.8Ts. It happens under the exact same circumstances (warmed up, idling for a while). And it sounds nearly identical, only the noise in my MKV is a lot more faint I have to listen really hard to be able to tell whether it's there or not. Do 2.0Ts share the same kind of purge valve or do I have to take it in? I just don't like going to dealer's service department, too much hassles.
Any thoughts? Real problem? Sensitive ears?
Oh yeah BTW I opened the hood and could faintly hear it coming from the passenger side of the engine or somewhere like that.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Re: (kdoerner)

Quote, originally posted by kdoerner »
OK, Third week, no noise.
I have only put 76 premium in the car the last three weeks, and no noise. Have any of you that are still having the problem tryed going to a different gas station? As an WTF, can someone try going to a 76 station near them next time and let me know if you still have it a couple of days later. I just this its weird that the noise stopped when I started using their gas. I am going to try and fill up with Cheveron again after this tank and see if it comes back.

This is a very interesting post. I use Shell exclusively maybe I'll give 76 a try and see if it eliminates the noise. The noise really isn't loud enough to bother me, I mean unless it's at night when there's no ambient noise at all and I'm in the garage with the stereo off, I can't hear it. So I'm not too concerned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.