VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Re: (fugazy)

I too have the same exact probelm. It has been to the dealership three or four times now to try to fix. They are completely stumped, this thread helps a lot. The service dept. says they have been contacting the VW tech help line and that I seem to be the only person in the nation with this problem. I am very happy to have found you guys, maybe there is hope in sight.
This sound definetly is not normal. VW would not sell this car knowing that the sound is normal, please don't post ridiculous statements like that.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Re: (kdoerner)

That is interesting. I will have to watch for topping off my fuel and if I hear the noise or not. I can't believe VW would make a car that makes a noise that loud. It makes my car seem like a piece of crap when my friends get in and ask why my car sounds like it is falling apart.
Has anybody else got this respone from their dealer?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Re: (feuerdog)

Having the fuel topped off also does not seem to be the problem for me. I have half a tank and the sound just came back. I am really frustrated with this. I guess it is time to call the dealership and see what they can come up with.
Please keep posting everyones progress, maybe we can figure this out.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Re: very fast tapping sound (pturner67)

I have had the same tank of gas in it for a couple of weeks now and I still get the noise intermittently. I have been waiting for a solution to pop up on here before going back to the dealer, but I may go speak with them tomorrow about all the posts and see if we can't narrow it down.
alf - please keep your comments to yourself, we are trying to solve an issue that obviously concerns us. You are not helping.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Re: (Reedy)

I am not sure the tie down thing works either, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, that fix has been tried earlier in this thread.
I really would like this fixed, does anyone think we have lemon law potential???
VWOA can come visit me and check my car out if they would like. IM if interested.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Re: (Semtex)

Quote, originally posted by Semtex »

We have this on our A3 2.0TFSI Quattro as well in Germany, we traced it back to the AC/Heater unit that is built into the dash.
Some solenoid/lever triggering this sound...we didnt found it to be much of a deal since this car is not being used as a daily driver...I can however see how this could be an annoying issue....hope this info helps to determine the issues some of you have.
Ben

Has VWOA tried this possibility yet?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Re: (pturner67)

Please keep us updated after a few weeks to be sure that this fixed it. We have gotten our hopes up before with other attempts to learn later that the sound came back. Nice write up and thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Re: tapping sound (Mono1)

Quote, originally posted by Mono1 »
Update: The tapping sound in my car completely goes away when I turn off the climate system.

That is a separate problem. I believe there is a fix for that one.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Re: (-YZ-)

Quote, originally posted by -YZ- »
This thread is ridiculous. I can't understand why you guys are ripping your cars' apart over a small rattle.

You obvisouly do not have the rattle. Thanks for the constructive comment though.
FYI
I did nothing to fix my rattle, but I have not heard it for about a month. I wonder if the weather warming up was enough for it to go away.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.