VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,332 Posts
Re: (feuerdog)

Quote, originally posted by feuerdog »
My scuffing sound has been fixed. It turns out that there is a coolant pipe(approx. 1/2") that runs next to the cam belt cover. The pipe was putting pressure against the cover and had actually scuffed the inside of it,......which had caused the sound in the first place.

Still reading, but thats good to know. I saw this by reading another linked post.

·
Registered
7,332 Posts
Re: (Matchek)

Quote, originally posted by Matchek »
Seems like it's from behind the glove box, etc...

I dont think i saw this answer in this thread. But its pretty obvious. The engines sound tube attaches to the firewall behind the glove box. and it purposely transmits noise into the cabin to give a more sporty sound.. I heard that pipe taps into boost, so its unlikely you can just remove it.

·
Registered
7,332 Posts
i want to re-write this in a different format.
THERE ARE THREE LINES:
-MAIN FUEL LINE
-MAIN FUEL RETURN LINE
-THE EVAP LINE FROM THE FUEL TANK TO THE INTAKE MANIFOLD.

Basically, the 3 lines come from the fuel tank and go through the frame of the passenger side. Then the oval shaped hole where the insulation has to go would cause the lines to rattle at idle. If you have viewed the thread of the GTI tube from the engine through the firewall, this is a similar noise transfer. The body frame is acting like a noise resonator as well. The sound is travelling through the frame and comes out near the glovebox. That's why the sound seems to come from the glovebox.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.