VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Re: very fast tapping sound (kobe82)

Well guys and gals....it isn't fixed...noise is back...another appt set for Wed next week...the dealer has called VW Customer Relations as well over the issue....they said it will be fixed this time even if it takes getting me a new car...I said "new car? uuuhhh...yeah"
will keep you posted

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Re: very fast tapping sound (pturner67)

Quote, originally posted by pturner67 »
Well guys and gals....it isn't fixed...noise is back...another appt set for Wed next week...the dealer has called VW Customer Relations as well over the issue....they said it will be fixed this time even if it takes getting me a new car...I said "new car? uuuhhh...yeah"
will keep you posted
There is nothing wrong with the car. I could've told you the noise was going to come back especially since they didn't fix anything. I have heard this noise on every VW I've ever been in.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Re: very fast tapping sound (UncannySkill)

Quote, originally posted by UncannySkill »
There is nothing wrong with the car. I could've told you the noise was going to come back especially since they didn't fix anything. I have heard this noise on every VW I've ever been in.

and yet they cannot duplicate THIS noise on any new 2.0T on the lot...you have not heard THIS noise on MY car...
by the way, the master service tech says he thinks it's a door actuator on the climate control system...he said he thought he saw a write-up about this problem...there apparently are 8 actuators for the doors regulating the climate control system...the trick is listening to them while the noise is present

·
Registered
138 Posts

Had the same problem 2 weeks ago and took it in to the dealer.....I had a tapping or ticking sound in the glove box/psg side kick panel area usually around 800-1000 rpm and was very annoying.
Service advisor said it was normal (emissions or something). I then asked to have a mech who was walking by to take a quick listen and said its NOT normal....brought it in the next day and it was the fuel line hitting against the firewall/ transmission tunnell area....wrapped the anti rattle kit around it (a.k.a insulation) and its been fine since.
posted a link over on the mkv forum and there has been a couple others with the same problem

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Re: very fast tapping sound (linty)

Quote, originally posted by linty »
Had the same problem 2 weeks ago and took it in to the dealer.....I had a tapping or ticking sound in the glove box/psg side kick panel area usually around 800-1000 rpm and was very annoying.
Service advisor said it was normal (emissions or something). I then asked to have a mech who was walking by to take a quick listen and said its NOT normal....brought it in the next day and it was the fuel line hitting against the firewall/ transmission tunnell area....wrapped the anti rattle kit around it (a.k.a insulation) and its been fine since.
posted a link over on the mkv forum and there has been a couple others with the same problem

that sounds just crazy enough to be the issue...lol...my appointment is set for tomorrow morning...will bring this info to their attention as well...thanks for the info

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·

according to the dealer, this seems to be the problem...but they said it's coming from an area not accessible...somewhere down inside the frame...sounds odd...but should hear something soon from them...they are keeping the car and dealing with engineers at VW corporate to find a solution...crazy...but at least they have loaned me a new 2.0T passat to drive while it's in the the shop

·
Registered
9 Posts

It is the cold warm air curculation flap motor and it is very common although I have only fixed a couple with updated motors. not the purge valve.

·
Registered
138 Posts

Quote, originally posted by pturner67 »

according to the dealer, this seems to be the problem...but they said it's coming from an area not accessible...somewhere down inside the frame...sounds odd...but should hear something soon from them...they are keeping the car and dealing with engineers at VW corporate to find a solution...crazy...but at least they have loaned me a new 2.0T passat to drive while it's in the the shop

Glad they found it and keep us up to date....It only took them a short time to fix mine and this is what the service order said "Traced noise to fuel lines vibrating against vehicle. RE-RI lower covers and placed foam from anti-rattle kit".
I found it odd when the sevice advisor said it was a normal VW emissions thing...at idle in traffic with the radio at level 7-8 you could hear this damn rattle, and everyone that was with me would always ask too (that was even more annoying)...
Now if they can fix the premium sound reception problem, my car will be perfect....dont get me wrong though. I consider these 2 things minor being a completley redesined car and expected some small growing pains. Overall though this vehicle has exceeded my expectations and im glad I went with this over the TSX. (im having way to much fun driving).

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

Glad they found it and keep us up to date....It only took them a short time to fix mine and this is what the service order said "Traced noise to fuel lines vibrating against vehicle. RE-RI lower covers and placed foam from anti-rattle kit".
I found it odd when the sevice advisor said it was a normal VW emissions thing...at idle in traffic with the radio at level 7-8 you could hear this damn rattle, and everyone that was with me would always ask too (that was even more annoying)...
Now if they can fix the premium sound reception problem, my car will be perfect....dont get me wrong though. I consider these 2 things minor being a completley redesined car and expected some small growing pains. Overall though this vehicle has exceeded my expectations and im glad I went with this over the TSX. (im having way to much fun driving).

thanks...they are still awaiting word from VWOA technical...I left the service manager a message about this "It is the cold warm air curculation flap motor and it is very common although I have only fixed a couple with updated motors. not the purge valve" as well...the service manager said they couldn't find it tapping where the fuel lines were making the noise...but he did say that it apparently was involved
and to the latest guy who said there is nothing wrong with the car, you are completely incorrect
anyway...will keep you posted...should be by sometime mid week next week after VWOA technical calls the dealer back

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Re: very fast tapping sound (-YZ-)

Quote, originally posted by -YZ- »
ok people... time to move on now. there is nothing wrong with your car.
I've heard of this problem before. My car doesn't do it so obviousely there is a problem

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Re: very fast tapping sound (blackvento36)

Quote, originally posted by blackvento36 »
I've heard of this problem before. My car doesn't do it so obviousely there is a problem

LOL!!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Update: dealer called VWOA 2 weeks ago and has not heard back yet...the dealer says they are probably researching the issue. I am calling the dealer tomorrow for a follow-up. Is VWOA always this crappy on solving issues?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Re: very fast tapping sound (voatech)

Quote, originally posted by voatech »
It is the cold warm air curculation flap motor and it is very common although I have only fixed a couple with updated motors. not the purge valve.

How would that motor make a "tapping/ticking" noise? Doesn't that (servo) motor
only runs to move the cold/warm flap when one changes the temperature setting?
At other times, it doesn't run, nor does the flap move.
Also, what is this "purge valve"?
Just curious...

·
Registered
435 Posts
Re: (fugazy)

I too have the same exact probelm. It has been to the dealership three or four times now to try to fix. They are completely stumped, this thread helps a lot. The service dept. says they have been contacting the VW tech help line and that I seem to be the only person in the nation with this problem. I am very happy to have found you guys, maybe there is hope in sight.
This sound definetly is not normal. VW would not sell this car knowing that the sound is normal, please don't post ridiculous statements like that.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Re: (redlineGLI)

yeah...dealer is still stumped as to a solution...and VWOA is VEEERRRYYYY slow to reply to this issue...I am driving my car in the meantime...the sound still comes and goes...overall, VW gets an F for response to the issue...pretty disappointed in the whole thing
last I heard from them, they identified the sound as a physical problem...some lines tapping against the body...but the problem is that the lines tapping are actually in the frame where the lines go through a hole or something...really weird...and no other Jettas on the lot make the sound...so, it's been classified as a defect with no solution...lol
oh well...not much I can do about it right now

21 - 40 of 175 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.