VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
141 - 160 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Re: (-YZ-)

Quote, originally posted by -YZ- »
This thread is ridiculous. I can't understand why you guys are ripping your cars' apart over a small rattle.

You obvisouly do not have the rattle. Thanks for the constructive comment though.
FYI
I did nothing to fix my rattle, but I have not heard it for about a month. I wonder if the weather warming up was enough for it to go away.

·
Read Only
5,731 Posts
Re: (placenta)

Quote, originally posted by placenta »
LOL, exactly.. And they'll have 3 new rattles when they're all done.

I got a motorcycle, I'm taking it back though because there is too much wind blowing into my helmet at high speeds.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Re: (alfzong)

Quote, originally posted by alfzong »
dammet, the noise is on my car now

as long as it doesnt mess with performance, im good, ill just raise the volume, sucks i cant hear the song of the engine w/o that damn tapping.
alf

HAHA karmas a ***** isn't it lol
as for all these morons saying the tapping isn't anything, if you can hear it while the radio is at 12 then it's obviously something messed up.
Mine started doing this and it's not like this small tapping noise at all, I would describe it as a banging/slapping noise more then anything. Sounds like a line is banging/slapping against something metal etc. If it was a small ticking noise then who cares, but it's not. so saying nothing is wrong with it when you haven't even heard the noise is retarded. For all you know it's so loud the guy across the street with his headphones on can hear it. So until you hear it shush

In fact I'll go videotape it. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by gtiiiiiiii at 12:13 PM 5-10-2006

Modified by thread at 5:01 PM 5-10-2006

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Re: (GolfRS)

lol I had this problem just start so I had to revive it

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Re: (gtiiiiiiii)

my fix (insulation around fuel lines going through the frame) is still holding steady http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Re: ([email protected])

mine is doing this very randomly and wouldn't rattle when I went to go videotape it (of course), but I have the camera in my car now and will videotape it next time it starts to do this http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Re: VW of America has solved the problem (aconsola)

I have the same noise - bought the car four days ago and it started almost immediately. Irritating, but glad to know it's an easy fix.
I also have a strange thing happening when the radio is on FM - sound fades in and out every couple of minutes. Anyone seen (heard) this too?
Thanks,
+tom

·
Banned
4,741 Posts
Re: VW of America has solved the problem (thomaschh)

Quote, originally posted by thomaschh »
I also have a strange thing happening when the radio is on FM - sound fades in and out every couple of minutes. Anyone seen (heard) this too?

That's either the "soft clipping" (which your dealer should have a software fix for) or the "speed sensitive volume" (which can be disabled in the radio options: press&hold the scan knob in and you'll see the menu come up, scroll thru til you see the speed sensitive volume, and you can turn it off).

·
Registered
170 Posts
Re: VW of America has solved the problem (digitalhippie)

I wonder if this is a changed in the 2007MY, IE a better solution than stuffing some foam in there.
How can this be news to VW when this model has been out in europe for so long... kinda annoying.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Re: (Boostin 6sp)

I have posted on this topic a couple of times now. My car used to do it. I can say for certain now, mine is gas specific. If I use certain brands of gas I get the tapping, when I use others the tapping goes away. I have been testing this now for the past 4 months. I can have the tapping, fill-up with a different brand, tapping goes away. Go back and fill up with the first brand a couple of weeks later, and the tapping comes back, wait and fill up with the other, tapping goes away. Very Weird

Just my observation.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Re: (GGA3)

Bump!
I had the fuel line rattle TSB done -- and of course this problem was not solved. Has anyone come up with a solution yet?
This chattering noise is driving me nuts!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
141 - 160 of 175 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.