VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My head has been spinning on where to hide my catch can, plus the lines, and keep it away from the passenger fire wall (fresh air cabin vent) and then the scavenger idea hit me, perfect, so I'm floating ideas.

I'm a vented vc to a catch can (to it's own port) and a 034 Motorsport block breather bung to the same catch can (to it's own port), and will be getting the AGN VC when all this happens and tossing my ported AEB vc aside (for a cleaner look and the AGN has 2 ports to chose from).

The oem pvc hard line was pretty good sized before I replaced it, probably bigger then the -12AN line I'm running now to the catch can. I went onto 034's site and they now have another block breather bung but is now a 1" barb, a 1" barb is much larger then a -12AN line and would be a -16AN and is probably comparable to the oem hard line that used to be on the car. So that it pretty good sized, however the Vibrant 11189 E-VAC Scavenger Kit is only a measly -10AN fitting...that is quite the restriction to go from -16AN to -10AN fitting. So now what?

And in addition, there's still the vc line that needs to be addressed, so I saw a few people who would run the block breather line up to one port of the AGN vc and then run the other line out to a catch can.......this also seems like quite the restriction as you are combining the positive pressure volume of air for both the block and the head vc out a single ~12-14AN line when technically given each their own line would allow for twice the volume if not more because the block line is ~-16AN and the vc is only ~12AN. So why would anyone do this method? It's cleaner. So what to do?

I don't have to run the block line to the vc, I could have a t-fitting just about anywhere and have both lines join together so there's only 1 line running down to the down pipe scavenger doing double duty for both or ?

I don't like the idea of running 2 scavenger kits, 1 for vc and 1 for the block (but if a must, then so be it).

-So what are your thoughts regarding the restriction from -16AN to ~10AN on the scavenger (not alone what ever small size the check valve barb is)?

-And what to do considering having to vent both the vc and the block, "You'll be fine running the block line to the vc, then vc to scavenger?"

·
Registered
15,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
don't think of -16>-10 as a restriction (with scavengers), as less vacuum will be generated with a larger hose. Smaller hose = less surface area / more vacuum = more evacuation.

also- I'd vent block and vc separately if possible, but that depends how much boost / power etc you'll be generating

Thanks, good, I went ahead and bought the full package.

10AN with dual lines

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.