VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
According to the manual, the system will not play video files of any format, only DVDs. I'm sure there's a way around this some VCDS coding but straight from the factory, you've got to pop in an actual disc!

·
Registered
590 Posts
In my 2015 I am able to play videos via the sad card. I used handbrake to convert the videos.

You can used the standard iPhone play out and I changed the audio output to MP3. Once the video is playing you can select settings and change the video aspect.

I can look at the full spec frames per second if needed.

·
Registered
555 Posts
According to the manual, the system will not play video files of any format, only DVDs. I'm sure there's a way around this some VCDS coding but straight from the factory, you've got to pop in an actual disc!

I watched videos while on park mode from videos that I made and put on a SD card. You can plug in a SD card containing a video and it will play it, I done it. Also DVDs but only on park mode.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In my 2015 I am able to play videos via the sad card. I used handbrake to convert the videos.

You can used the standard iPhone play out and I changed the audio output to MP3. Once the video is playing you can select settings and change the video aspect.

I can look at the full spec frames per second if needed.
Hi, Is this possible for a 2015 A3 1.8t? These have the smaller screens compared to the S3. Also have a SD Card slot. but cant seem to figure out what video format it will play on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.