VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,008 Posts
Re: Video of the Borla Exhaust (turbobst)

So whats the drone like? It sounds like it will have drone from the video. Sounds good otherwise.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's actually pretty quite unless it's under load, but no real drone.
The video really doesn't do the exhaust justice.

·
Registered
34,109 Posts
do a video of inside the car.
There are DIY camera mounts instructions available via searching Google or Yahoo

·
Registered
274 Posts
Re: (turbobst)

The video sounded like it had a fair bit of droning. Then again, most videos do if you're sticking the camera right up against the exhaust.
If possible, I'd love to see another video taken from different angles, from the inside, and while moving.

·
Banned
342 Posts
Re: (baye)

Quote, originally posted by baye »
The video sounded like it had a fair bit of droning. Then again, most videos do if you're sticking the camera right up against the exhaust.
If possible, I'd love to see another video taken from different angles, from the inside, and while moving.

Interesting... what is your definition of 'drone'? It's a term often used in describing an exhaust. Thanks.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Re: ([email protected])

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »
Interesting... what is your definition of 'drone'? It's a term often used in describing an exhaust. Thanks.

A sound of a specific frequency that, when emitted at a constant rate, causes a lot of headaches.

Think cabin drone when accelerating at highway speeds in 6th gear @ 1500rpm, then imagine hearing that same drone at idle.
Of course, videos can sometime produce a droning effect depending on how it was recorded. And if there is droning at idle, it should be present in the cabin as well. Hence the request for another video from a different angle or from inside the car.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts

Were there any dynos done on this exhaust? Any dynos on difference designs of it? Just curious of the results. Thanks. cheers! mike

·
Banned
342 Posts

A sound of a specific frequency that, when emitted at a constant rate, causes a lot of headaches.

Think cabin drone when accelerating at highway speeds in 6th gear @ 1500rpm, then imagine hearing that same drone at idle.
Of course, videos can sometime produce a droning effect depending on how it was recorded. And if there is droning at idle, it should be present in the cabin as well. Hence the request for another video from a different angle or from inside the car.

OK, so 'drone' is sound that causes you a headache inside the cabin.
This video is shot from the outside the vehicle (not inside the cabin).....How can you state (below) it 'had a fair bit of droning'?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have to chime in here as Alvin mounted this CC exhaust on my 2.0T Passat Wagon and I have driven it for 300 or so miles at this point. It sounds fantastic. No "droning" at any speed. The exhaust has a really rich tone and looks great to boot. I've heard it from outside the car as well and I really like it. I drove with the family for 130 miles and there were no complaints ( even the wife and kids liked it). It fits really well in the opening and I think it would look even better on a CC. Hope this clears up the "droning" comment.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Re: ([email protected])

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »

OK, so 'drone' is sound that causes you a headache inside the cabin.
This video is shot from the outside the vehicle (not inside the cabin).....How can you state (below) it 'had a fair bit of droning'?

No need to get defensive, it was a simple statement based on what I heard from the video, which is why I said the video sounded like it had a fair bit of droning. I'm sure the system sounds swell in person, but the first video simply does not do it justice (hence the request for more videos!)

·
Registered
9,008 Posts
Re: (jay free)

Quote, originally posted by jay free »
what does this exhaust cost and what are the preformance benefits?

You wont see much added performance without upgrading the down pipe as well. You'll need a full turboback not just a catback so get noticeable improvement.

·
Registered
9,008 Posts
Re: (jay free)

Thats the point of a catback system is to change the sound. Better is a relative term that will also yield a different response from different people. You should check the video link at the top of the page and see what you think.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts