VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a video I took of my two buddies racing one night for fun. Don't worry guys we only race in quite industrial areas late night where knowone can get hurt. Anyhow I recommend watching this clip, because I can bet money knowone has heard a VR6 Corrado that sounds like this one does.
Cheers to all my fellow Vortexers.....ENJOY and please respond with your thoughts about the clip.
http://people.senecac.on.ca/george.michailidis/corrvsglx.mpeg

[Modified by 91littleTank, 4:20 AM 4-9-2002]

·
Registered
2006 P+ A4 3.2 Avant, 2011 C'Dale Bad Boy, 2014 C'Dale Carbon Synapse, 2019 P+ Q5
41,531 Posts
Re: Video of VR6 Corrado racing a Jetta !!! (91littleTank)

so which is the Golf or Jetta II?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Video of VR6 Corrado racing a Jetta !!! (16v)

quote:[HR][/HR]so which is the Golf or Jetta II? [HR][/HR]​
The Jetta lost in the race ........... that meens .......... the Corrado won the race.

[Modified by 91littleTank, 5:07 AM 4-9-2002]

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Re: Video of VR6 Corrado racing a Jetta !!! (DuBsBrO)

is one of those cars turbo'd? i swear that i am hearing a blowoff valve in that video

·
Registered
26,645 Posts
Re: Video of VR6 Corrado racing a Jetta !!! (illi)

I believe the point 16v was making was, is the Jetta an A2 VR conversion? Because if it's an A3, why is this in G/JII.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Video of VR6 Corrado racing a Jetta !!! (SeattleGLI)

The reason I posted it here is because I figured its something we can view. I understand that the Jetta is an A3 but why alienate them. Its a wicked clip and I just wanted everyone to have the chance to view it.

·
Registered
5,588 Posts

Well the video still does not belong in the MKII forum since it has no MKII content. Rather, put the link to the video in your signature, that way no matter what forum you post in, people will see the link and will be able to view the video. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Re: Video of VR6 Corrado racing a Jetta !!! (2Dr16vJettaGirl)

hm.. not locked yet eh interesting wait 16v will lock it for u just like he locked my misc post about pimped hondohs and a jetta A3

·
Registered
6,004 Posts

"Racing in quiet industrial areas where no one can get hurt?" Yeah, no one but yourself that is. You're fooling yourself. Racing on the streets, ANY streets, is wrong/illegal/dangerous. The "It will never happen to me" attitude is what is the worst. Videos of racing are cool, but do it on a race track in daylight. Before I lost a friend(killed by a guy street racing), I would have said it was cool. Not anymore. Just my $.02

·
Registered
169 Posts
Re: Video of VR6 Corrado racing a Jetta !!! (Silver4dr)

There is no MKII content..wahhh wahh.. suck it up. If you dont want to read this post then dont read it and dont watch the video.
grow up.

·
Registered
25,561 Posts
Re: Video of VR6 Corrado racing a Jetta !!! (86SpyScirocco)

Ok,.....click my vid in my sig for A2 content!!! Of course it is an A3 chasing me!!!!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Re: Video of VR6 Corrado racing a Jetta !!! (2Dr16vJettaGirl)

quote:[HR][/HR]Well the video still does not belong in the MKII forum since it has no MKII content. Rather, put the link to the video in your signature, that way no matter what forum you post in, people will see the link and will be able to view the video. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[HR][/HR]​
And a Coraddo is a...?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Re: Video of VR6 Corrado racing a Jetta !!! (Jerelin7686)

quote:[HR][/HR]not a mk2 if that's what you're getting at [HR][/HR]​
O contraire, mon fraire...

It is an mk2 since the term mk2 and a2 are used interchangeably here and the Corrado is definitely an a2...

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Re: Video of VR6 Corrado racing a Jetta !!! (GTI666)

quote:[HR][/HR]not a mk2 if that's what you're getting at
O contraire, mon fraire...

It is an mk2 since the term mk2 and a2 are used interchangeably here and the Corrado is definitely an a2...
[HR][/HR]​
Sure, the Corrado shares structure with the A2; but it has it's own forum - So it's different.

·
Registered
8,406 Posts
Re: Video of VR6 Corrado racing a Jetta !!! (maximus_manx)

I think we need less content nazis and more self policing. The Vortex is free, so don't complain. If you don't like it, ignore it. If you feel something genuinely isn't relevent to the forum, ignore it, the moderators will take care of it. Quit wasting my bandwidth with complaints.
***end hypocritic rant***
Is that Corrado owner on the Vortex?

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Re: Video of VR6 Corrado racing a Jetta !!! (GTI666)

The Corrado is a.............................Corrado!! 1990 G60's are the closest to A2's....but......
Nothing else like it in the VW lineup...it does share some(VERY FEW) A2 parts, but the SLC's share some A3 parts!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Video of VR6 Corrado racing a Jetta !!! (VW-BMW)

The Corrado owner is a Vortexer, but not for long. He's selling the Corrado because he just bought a brand new sport bike and a 94 Civic Hatch with a Japanese spek Type R motor. In other words he's going over to the Dark-Side as I call it.

[Modified by 91littleTank, 5:21 AM 4-11-2002]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.