VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

After telling myself I wouldn’t commit to it, here we are.

“Every vehicle has a story. Do you know the details of yours? VINwiki lets you see the full picture behind a car’s unique history. Did a bear tear off the bumper? Has your BMW M5 been used to pull a boat? What really happened where it says “Accident Reported”. Only VINwiki allows you to see the vital information about the life of a vehicle.”

“IS THERE ANY SECURITY RISK TO POSTING TO VINWIKI?

Not at all. In fact, VINs are required to be publicly visible on your car. Registration info is part of the public record. VINwiki is taking those two realities and letting you use them to your own benefit.”

If you guys haven’t heard of this app, it’s pretty legit. A valuable resource and good way to track pertinent information on Rs.

I compiled a list of the 2004 .:R32s and physically, one by one, put that list on an Excel spreadsheet.

Due to an underwhelming lack of outreach from the community, I decided to not release that list or post any results.

Hopefully the MK5 crowd will be different. Sign up on the app and add your car. If you add it, tag me @psuuuuu so I can add it to the list. I’m only seeking photos/colors and specific vehicle #s but feel free to add/post whatever you want.

If the outreach is there, I will compile another spreadsheet and disseminate it to whoever participates.

·
Registered
321 Posts
@PSU

There's a couple guys that have tried to revive the US R32 Registry. I know one of them. I sent him the link for your post.

Really the only use for such a database is if you're buying or selling. Since most MkIV's tend to stay with their owners a while or they end up getting modded to hell and then sold when **** goes bad or someone can't afford to maintain it anymore. That's really the only time someone wants to know about a car.

MkV's are just now starting to move a bit with being on BaT and Cars & Bids now.

Unless you're going to put this database online you're not going to get much traction for it.

The original US R32 Registry failed because the guy didn't put any time into it and wouldn't reach out to people when they contacted him to update car info.

After telling myself I wouldn’t commit to it, here we are.

“Every vehicle has a story. Do you know the details of yours? VINwiki lets you see the full picture behind a car’s unique history. Did a bear tear off the bumper? Has your BMW M5 been used to pull a boat? What really happened where it says “Accident Reported”. Only VINwiki allows you to see the vital information about the life of a vehicle.”

“IS THERE ANY SECURITY RISK TO POSTING TO VINWIKI?

Not at all. In fact, VINs are required to be publicly visible on your car. Registration info is part of the public record. VINwiki is taking those two realities and letting you use them to your own benefit.”

If you guys haven’t heard of this app, it’s pretty legit. A valuable resource and good way to track pertinent information on Rs.

I compiled a list of the 2004 .:R32s and physically, one by one, put that list on an Excel spreadsheet.

Due to an underwhelming lack of outreach from the community, I decided to not release that list or post any results.

Hopefully the MK5 crowd will be different. Sign up on the app and add your car. If you add it, tag me @psuuuuu so I can add it to the list. I’m only seeking photos/colors and specific vehicle #s but feel free to add/post whatever you want.

If the outreach is there, I will compile another spreadsheet and disseminate it to whoever participates.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
so this is where youve been hiding!!! the rabbit hole!!!

Sent via Carrier Pigeon

·
Registered
87 Posts
Amazing work you’ve done. You should create inner lists for crashes cars, exported other lost cars, low mileage cars, 1 owner cars. For the MKIV. Maybe someone will pay you for info one day. You could be the next Kevin Marti

1 - 5 of 5 Posts