VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone good at it, I could use some help. I'll be buying some more very soon to redo all three parts.

My first attempt. Any pointer would be helpful.

Little rough around the edge's

·
Registered
326 Posts
lol really doesnt look that bad, a few months ago i gave it a shot and tried to do the mirrors and rear wing on my mk3........yea i took it off. your actually right around the corner from me if you live in bruchmulbach, i live in haupstuhl.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Where are you buying the vinyl? The reason I ask is because I bought some cheap stuff in the past and it did not stick well. Now I am using Vinyl from a company called Metrorestying.com. They have just about everything yo need and it shrinks well with a heat gun. I have my interior trim on my Audi covered in Carbon black, the outside pillars in Carbon black, wagon hatch in flat silver. I will be doing more of the Audi this weekend. I will do the hood, and maybe the mirrors. Not sure yet.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Its not extremely difficult. There are hundreds of videos on the U-tube. You need a few items.

exacto knife
alcohol/claybar
masking tape
heat gun/hair dryer
squeege....with a felt-tip

and patients!

Use low heat....below 70c

on large parts, start with applying half and when that is done, do the rest. If you want to see, I will be doing some parts on my car tomorrow and then again next Saturday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.