VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm planning to install an aftermarket tailgate spoiler onto my 2001 1.8T Golf. Instead of paint, I'm thinking of vinyl wrap it instead. Meanwhile, I'm kind of undecided as to which is the right way to do: to vinyl wrap it before installation or wrap if after the spoiler is installed. Anyone has experience with this? Thanks in advance for advice.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Much easier to wrap off the car. That way you can cut trim without damaging the paint and hide edge lines under the spoiler. Good luck and patient is a virtue.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yes, off the car is easier in many ways. check out videos of installing vinyl and get the right type of vinyl. You want the vinyl that is made for wrapping vehicles as it is designed to stretch differently than traditional vinyl.

do your homework, set yourself up in a very clean environment, and get enough material to do the job at least twice. I would practice first on something else to get the hang of it. its a skill that needs to be learned.

good luck with it, sounds like fun.

JP

1 - 3 of 3 Posts