VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
32,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Visit at the local dealership. (Audi RS and S content and allroad quattro 4.2 impressions inside!)

So the "quattro tour" arrived at the local dealership today. Inside in the showroom they had:

Audi RS6 Avant

Audi S4 Avant
And for test drive, they had for example an A3 3.2 quattro DSG which I wanted to test drive but there was a long waiting list for that.

(This specific car, not my pic, though.)
So I asked if the allroad quattro 4.2 tiptronic was available and it was.

A guy came with me for the test drive and guided me to a planned route. Gotta say the engine sounded VERY nice when I started it but it was very quiet when driving. I've never driven anything this powerful, so 300 hp seemed more than adequate and AWD was a nice help on snowy and icy streets. We came to a big parking lot where he let me test the ESP. Well, it steered nicely despite excessive gas and was easily controllable, of course. Then, when turning back, I switched ESP off and hit the gas. The car drifted nicely and got some serious speed sideways on the parking lot. I didn't take it much past like 60 km/h but it was a good feeling to drift at that speed.

He seemed to be a bit tired of all the test drivers spaking the cars, so I didn't go much past the speedlimits. On the way back, I stepped on the gas at a green light, though, and gotta say I was impressed. Despite the slippery street, 50 km/h was quickly reached with a nice growl.
We discussed something about traffic cultures in different countries (some moron had just tried to pass me from the left when both me and his were turning left and he had gotten tired of waiting behind me). He said he likes the traffic culture in Australia, he's rallying there. He said he drives a Mitsu in the Australian national championship series. So I asked who he was cause he didn't seem familiar. He was Juha Kangas and sure his name sounded familiar! And a moment ago I had spoken about my driving experiences in a Passat 4motion like I was a good driver! Turned out he had a liiiiittle bit more experience on AWD drifting...
But yeah, I had my fun.

Here's Juha Kangas when he was still driving a WRC Corolla:

Modified by Son of a B...5er! at 11:14 PM 1-14-2004

· Registered
23,044 Posts
Re: Visit at the local dealership. (Son of a B...5er!)

I drove an S4 Avant a while ago. I couldn't sleep that night because its so damn fun to toss around this little sportswagon. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
59,645 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Son of a B...5er! »

Can I borrow a towel? Nice http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
32,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Visit at the local dealership. (Dan337)

Quote, originally posted by Dan337 »

These are sweet. Are the decals for the promo cars only?? LOL

dc

Heh, yes. Audi's Finnish importer doesn't really have much taste with those stickers. The A3 is quite a nice idea, though (the gr.B rallye ur-quattro had that design back in the early 80's). But the allroad quattro for example with "allroad quattro 4.2 V8" spread across the side is a bit tacky. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

· Registered
32,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Visit at the local dealership. (DanG)

Quote, originally posted by DanG »
Please excuse me while I hump the yellow RS6.

Please excuse me while I correct you that the yellow thing is an S4.

· Registered
2019 Golf R
2,261 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Son of a B...5er! »

Heh, yes. Audi's Finnish importer doesn't really have much taste with those stickers. The A3 is quite a nice idea, though (the gr.B rallye ur-quattro had that design back in the early 80's). But the allroad quattro for example with "allroad quattro 4.2 V8" spread across the side is a bit tacky. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

the giant 4.2 v8 sticker is tacky, but I'm definately down with the subtle quattro labeling on the S4, and if the A3 had some serious shove, it could warrant the old school paint scheme...
dc

· Registered
32,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Visit at the local dealership. (Dan337)

Quote, originally posted by Dan337 »

and if the A3 had some serious shove, it could warrant the old school paint scheme...

Is 250 hp, AWD and DSG enough to warrant?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.