VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Visited Tillac automotive restoration today (mostly Ferraris)

1K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  MEIN_VW 
#1 ·
Some friends of mine were taking a class field trip to Tillack in Redondo Beach CA, and it soudned interesting so I tagged along, took some photos, and was not dissappointed.
I didn't have much battery left so i didn't take too many, and it was very dark so many of the photos wehre taken at 1/4 (no tripod) so are a little soft, or at 1/30 and where kind of dark, (i played with it a bit in photoshop, but some where beyond help).
Anyway we some some AMAZING cars, there where a buch of one offs and prtotypes, 4 cam porsches, Bertone Ferrari's etc. But I was so in awe, I was hardly listening, and don't remember all the details, but I thought I'd share anyway. Enjoy.
GTO:

'94 ish Arrows F1 Car:

Pinninfarina bodied 4 Cam Porsche with aluminum doors, hood and engine coverr:

550 spyder in the sheet metal shop

[Murray Walker Voice] That's a Ferrari! [/Murray Walker Voice]

Apparently this is some kind of one-off pre-production prototype

There's a few more here:
http://camo.flage.net/vag/view_album.php?set_albumName=album84

Edit: Spelling

[Modified by psycho-mullet, 10:55 PM 11-25-2002]

See less See more
#6 ·
Re: Visited Tillac automotive restoration today (MGQ)

quote:[HR][/HR]wow.[HR][/HR]​
What he said!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
And Porridgehead - I'm totally drawing a blank on the name of the car at the far right, but it's one of my favorite non-Pininfarina designed Ferraris. I have some decent shots of a silver one that are just beautiful.
I'd search barchetta.cc for the answer, but I'm supposed to be doing my resume so I can get a better job and someday afford one of them.

>8^)
ER

#8 ·
Re: Visited Tillac automotive restoration today (Peloton25)

quote:[HR][/HR]wow.
And Porridgehead - I'm totally drawing a blank on the name of the car at the far right, but it's one of my favorite non-Pininfarina designed Ferraris. I have some decent shots of a silver one that are just beautiful.
I'd search barchetta.cc for the answer, but I'm supposed to be doing my resume so I can get a better job and someday afford one of them.

[HR][/HR]​
If you get a job that allows you to afford any of those someday, can you help me with my resume?
The front non-Pininfarina Ferrari is actually the easiest of the bunch, although the back one runs a close second. The middle one, now that's kind of a wildcard because there should be more stuff on there than there is. I had a bear of a time figuring out exactly what it was.
Any other Ferrari fanatic want to give these three a shot? I'll give you a
, a http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif and a
to anybody who gets even one.

Edit for spelling, grammar, punctuation, every pertininent fact, structure, tone, pacing and misuse of the word 'breaks'. And some other stuff too. So there.

[Modified by Porridgehead, 8:22 PM 11-26-2002]

#9 ·
Re: Visited Tillac automotive restoration today (Porridgehead)

Some hint's if I remember my facts straight. The back red one i ssupposed to have some additional vents (didn't hear where...), but Enzo (or the designer or somebody) thought it ruined the lines, so he had them left off on the prototypes.
The blue one in the middle had a fast back grafted on the back of it as a design demonstration for future production, but I don't believe it was ever produced in that exact form (as in that fast back with that exact front end).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.