VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

221 - 233 of 233 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,301 Posts
Haha! Not in the market. Looking to get my last one off the payroll in another year and a half unless he decides to pursue his Masters before going to work.
Yeah, one of mine is 95% off the payroll. The other has 3 more years of school, but that includes the masters...

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
Yeah, one of mine is 95% off the payroll. The other has 3 more years of school, but that includes the masters...

Sounds like the identical situation to mine. The first one off the payroll was a nice raise. Now waiting for the next big raise as I go boat shopping.

·
Premium Member
6,301 Posts
Sounds like the identical situation to mine. The first one off the payroll was a nice raise. Now waiting for the next big raise as I go boat shopping.
Eldest finishes grad school for mech engineering in December. Has a post-undergrad co-op this summer that we hope turns into a full time employment offer for January. He's paying next to nothing for grad school - you'd be shocked.

The other one is a musician who wants to perform and go into music ed....wheee.

·
Registered
Forester GMT, Buell XB1200S
1,052 Posts
I'm sitting here happy that one kid is off the payroll for daycare. The other has a whole other year thanks to missing the Sept. 1 cutoff. I'm cringing what the college years are going to be like. I'm looking forward to the interim years, in public school, where I can at least think about something like a RS6, ha!

·
Premium Member
6,301 Posts
I'm sitting here happy that one kid is off the payroll for daycare. The other has a whole other year thanks to missing the Sept. 1 cutoff. I'm cringing what the college years are going to be like. I'm looking forward to the interim years, in public school, where I can at least think about something like a RS6, ha!
Ha is right because: youth sports, music lessons, ballet class, band, scouts, etc. costs more than you might think. It all adds up fast.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
Eldest finishes grad school for mech engineering in December. Has a post-undergrad co-op this summer that we hope turns into a full time employment offer for January. He's paying next to nothing for grad school - you'd be shocked.

The other one is a musician who wants to perform and go into music ed....wheee.
That's awesome. At least they both are pursuing what makes them happy!

My oldest is earning his stripes at Deloitte. He passed his CPA last summer and takes the CFA in May. He will probably leave Deloitte after his first year. He is already getting offers that are a 100% increase from his current salary. He will spin out to Private Equity or Investment banking. He is paying his own bills and I am no longer paying semester tuition payments that are the size of a some very nice new cars. He went to LMU.

My youngest is a Electrical and Computer Engineering major at UCSB with a focus on Software Engineering. He still has a little over a year to go on his Bachelors but is currently lookin into the 4+1 Masters program.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
I couldn't do it until the kids were out of the house and I have nothing left to haul around but who cares. I have open road in front of me and 600 ponies under my right foot.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Just saw my first one in the wild today ... my god .. what a presence ... I'm sold <3

·
Registered
2011 Jetta Sportwagen S 2.5L; 2021 Hyundai KONA SEL
314 Posts
I will not demean myself to compliment this tremendously ugly, cheap, run off the mill and (sic!) ubiquitous matchbox , because I'm a sane person.
I rather need to setup a doctor appointment to find out what they prescribe for serious cases of sour grapes, because I don't feel too well...

P.S.
I personally think that the pic under the "Happy Money" frontispiece should take the cherry on top of the cake! (y);)
Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience with the rest of mere mortals, sir.
Congrats for a superb wagon! 🍒

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
I will not demean myself to compliment this tremendously ugly, cheap, run off the mill and (sic!) ubiquitous matchbox , because I'm a sane person.
I rather need to setup a doctor appointment to find out what they prescribe for serious cases of sour grapes, because I don't feel too well...

P.S.
I personally think that the pic under the "Happy Money" frontispiece should take the cherry on top of the cake! (y);)
Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience with the rest of mere mortals, sir.
Congrats for a superb wagon! 🍒

LOL! Thanks so much! It's been a great experience so far.

221 - 233 of 233 Posts