VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vendor
11,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VMR Wheels | V701 18x8.5 Release!!
It has been five months since its 19" release and we have now completed developing the V701 for 18" fitment. From all the community feedback we've been given in regards to our wheels and desired fitments, we are now manufacturing the v701's in an 18" version specifically for you!

For those of you who have been patiently anticipating this fitment, you'll be happy to know that production is estimated to complete in early June; just in time for a late June to early July arrival. The initial shipment will contain Hyper Silver and Gunmetal. Matte Black will be brought in as well in the not-so-distant future.

Fitment:
18x8.5 5x112 et45
[email protected] 714.442.7916 ext. 106

Special thanks to Jim for the 19" photo shoot.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Re: (evosky)

Quote, originally posted by evosky »
anyone know how a gunmetal set of these would look on a carbon steel grey ?

Absolutely awesome. Still waiting to hear the deal on pricing.

·
Vendor
11,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by afrost »
Sweet, it's nice to see some more options for 18" wheels....perfect size for the mkVI. Any idea on weight for these? The usual 24 to 26 pounds?

No official figures until the production wheels arrive, but just as a heads up, the 19" v701's are ~26 lbs.
Quote, originally posted by STi 2 GTI »
How mush?

Prices are in line with our 18" v710's!

Quote, originally posted by Dubbin1.8 »
Those look sweet. In for price info.
Also, any update when the 710's are going to be in stock? I am dying waiting for them

The v710's in 18" HS are arriving on 5/13 in golf fitment, preorders are currently open!

Modified by VMRWheels at 3:29 PM 4-29-2010

·
Registered
8,969 Posts
cool, so i'm thinking the 18" should be around 22-24 lbs?
also, with the spec being 18x8.5 +45, will these tuck inside the fender under load (around hard corners or when the car is loaded down), or will there be a bit of rubbing on the outside? i can't tell too well from the pic posted, would need a profile shot showing the stance of the wheels along the fender line ...

·
Vendor
11,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by evosky »
cool, so i'm thinking the 18" should be around 22-24 lbs?
also, with the spec being 18x8.5 +45, will these tuck inside the fender under load (around hard corners or when the car is loaded down), or will there be a bit of rubbing on the outside? i can't tell too well from the pic posted, would need a profile shot showing the stance of the wheels along the fender line ...

It's actually very flush with the fender, we can guarantee fitment without rubbing at stock ride height, however, depending on how low you go, you could get some rubbing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.