VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

61 - 80 of 369 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Dude. I know why you feel the way you do. The new T-Reg is amazing. I would love one. I loved the v8 gen 1. I loved my friends mk'3' tdi.

But.

It's not going to happen. I wish it would, but it won't.

That being said, the Atlas is helping VW stay in the US and if it takes killing the Treg and bringing more Atlas based SUV's and trucks, I'm all for it.

If the onslaught of SUV's and etc push the sales numbers to (and I'm pulling this number out of the air) 600k a year consistly, they might be willing to take a loss and bring back the T-reg. Meanwhile, skip the Atlas and get a Atlas Sport or what ever they call it. It's a great looking SUV.

The BLOATED ATLAS SPORT or whatever they f*cking call it will never even come close to my T1 V8 capability. My wife has this Airstream fetage and it looks as if we may pull the trigger. The ATLAS will be unable to tow the Airstream model we want :facepalm:

Looks as if I'm hanging on to my V8 for the next couple of years as we all wait to see if Volkswagen brings the Touareg back to the North American Market. What a ****ing mistake on Volkswagen! Really dissapointed with Volkwagen! :mad:

·
Registered
18,456 Posts
The BLOATED ATLAS SPORT or whatever they f*cking call it will never even come close to my T1 V8 capability. My wife has this Airstream fetage and it looks as if we may pull the trigger. The ATLAS will be unable to tow the Airstream model we want :facepalm:

Looks as if I'm hanging on to my V8 for the next couple of years as we all wait to see if Volkswagen brings the Touareg back to the North American Market. What a ****ing mistake on Volkswagen! Really dissapointed with Volkwagen! :mad:
You and the other ten people that would have bought a Touareg for towing like that have every right to be disappointed.

·
Registered
32,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #64

I love that this makes you so ****ing mad :laugh::laugh: You should make an angry youtube rant video and tweet it to VW

·
Registered
17,738 Posts

Isn't there some sort of Audi or Porsche, with comparable power (and a more appropriate brand name to pricepoint ratio) that will do the job for you?
If not, I'm sure BMW or M-B have something that'll do the trick, since you seem committed to staying with a German brand.

·
Banned
13,776 Posts
Isn't there some sort of Audi or Porsche, with comparable power (and a more appropriate brand name to pricepoint ratio) that will do the job for you?
If not, I'm sure BMW or M-B have something that'll do the trick, since you seem committed to staying with a German brand.
Of course there are many other options that would suit his needs but why would that matter when he can whine that VW won't bring over a vehicle that would only sell in limited numbers at the price they would charge.
At least he isn't calling for the Amarok to be sold here. :laugh:

·
7,996 Posts
Of course there are many other options that would suit his needs but why would that matter when he can whine that VW won't bring over a vehicle that would only sell in limited numbers at the price they would charge.
At least he isn't calling for the Amarok to be sold here. :laugh:
Or the Scirocco.

·
Banned
13,776 Posts

·
Registered
'16 Golf R (wife's)
39,944 Posts
Yea, that's even fuglier then the Atlas...

·
Registered
982, F22, E88, etc.
5,166 Posts

I miss the Touareg too, but if you really want one that badly, why not get a CPO Cayenne for an equivalent price, or splurge a little more on a new one?

If you can go easy on the options, the price-differential isn't as big as one might think, and IME the Cayenne is quite a capable and durable vehicle. Not sure what you'd need to tow that airstream, but if the Cayenne checks out, that would be one good looking setup.

·
How do I resize a picture?
18,092 Posts
I miss the Touareg too, but if you really want one that badly, why not get a CPO Cayenne for an equivalent price, or splurge a little more on a new one?

If you can go easy on the options, the price-differential isn't as big as one might think, and IME the Cayenne is quite a capable and durable vehicle. Not sure what you'd need to tow that airstream, but if the Cayenne checks out, that would be one good looking setup.
This guy is right.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
This past summer I test drove a new Touareg at VW's Wolfsburg off road course. Fully loaded they cost $90k to $100k, still want one?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Holding out for a new Touareg is like waiting for them to bring back the air cooler cars. It ain't happening.
I've worked for VW for 27 years and I still fail to see what anyone thinks these products can do that others can't for equal or less money. I'm truly baffled by it. Can anyone explain?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
This past summer I test drove a new Touareg at VW's Wolfsburg off road course. Fully loaded they cost $90k to $100k, still want one?
You can build one on vw.de- a fully loaded one is over 120,000 EUROS! which is nearly $140k. Mind you that car had over 65 options/packages. Everything from matrix lighting to night vision to the 15" innovision cockpit. But still every single thing is an option like on a cayenne and it is insane how expensive it gets. Not to mention it only comes in a dainty diesel v6 right now.

·
Registered
2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
22,415 Posts
I read the Chattanooga factory is adding 1K workers and a 3rd shift in preparation for what they're calling the 2 row Atlas. Hopefully by then VW will have solved their V6 shortage.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
You can build one on vw.de- a fully loaded one is over 120,000 EUROS! which is nearly $140k. Mind you that car had over 65 options/packages. Everything from matrix lighting to night vision to the 15" innovision cockpit. But still every single thing is an option like on a cayenne and it is insane how expensive it gets. Not to mention it only comes in a dainty diesel v6 right now.
Yes, I know that, but typically for the US market they don't offer a la carte but trim packages. Not to mention we get a lower price, no MWST, etc. My 42k Golf R in the states costs 55k Euros in Germany. :screwy: That is how I came up with my guestimated price.

61 - 80 of 369 Posts