VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

81 - 100 of 369 Posts

·
Registered
'17 Golf R
13,330 Posts
Plot twist it's the new Golf Mk8

·
Registered
982, F22, E88, etc.
5,166 Posts
Holding out for a new Touareg is like waiting for them to bring back the air cooler cars. It ain't happening.
I've worked for VW for 27 years and I still fail to see what anyone thinks these products can do that others can't for equal or less money. I'm truly baffled by it. Can anyone explain?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
The 'reg is decently high-end but not ostentatious, and capable but not enormous. If you take value out of the equation (I don't think it was ever a value option so "equal or less money" isn't really the deal here) there's not much else like. But like I said I do think there's enough overlap with the Cayenne that it's absence from the US market isn't a total loss. It's just not replaced by the Atlas is all.

·
Premium Member
7,973 Posts
This past summer I test drove a new Touareg at VW's Wolfsburg off road course. Fully loaded they cost $90k to $100k, still want one?
The cross section of people who want to tow an Airstream and deal with a $100K VW is basically that dude

Looking forward to this 2 row. If it comes in hybrid form...........................................

·
Registered
18,456 Posts
The cross section of people who want to tow an Airstream and deal with a $100K VW is basically that dude

Looking forward to this 2 row. If it comes in hybrid form...........................................
Now he's going to call you a mattress stain. :laugh:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I read the Chattanooga factory is adding 1K workers and a 3rd shift in preparation for what they're calling the 2 row Atlas. Hopefully by then VW will have solved their V6 shortage.
Haven't heard anything about this from the tech side; we're starting to get 2019 Atlas' with the VR6, got a link?

·
7,996 Posts

·
Registered
7,352 Posts

Don’t exaggerate. They probably have hundreds of customers for a car like that.
You two are on point. TIL; people are masochist enough to purchase unreliable VWs to tow with. Bro, that's why Gawd made domestics. Simpler, more reliable and if it does break, everyone from the Big Bad dealer to Cleetus can get parts for it and fix it. Cleetus jus' gon shake his head and adjust his dirty, sweaty ball cap at your fancy German rig.

·
Registered
34,388 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Eh...

Might look better in black. Or maybe in red. But in these shots, it kinda just looks like a white Tiguan.

Edit: Eh it doesn't look too bad after looking at it some more. But it won't blow people away.

81 - 100 of 369 Posts