VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Volkswagen Credit Auto LOAN

653 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  eddiecore 
#1 ·
I searched and couldnt find anything helpful so I will post here and hopefully can be helped.
I purchased my first car through a car dealer and they offered a loan where they deffered payments if I made double payments. For example
Payments are 100 a month
Jan I pay 100 feb I pay 100 and on Mar if i put 400 down lets say then I would not owe anything till july since the 300 gets put to my other months
The loan I currently have now on my second car is no matter how much I pay I need to make Min monthly payment every month
My question is does VW credit allow you to do the first option. Make big payments and deffer them to later. This would be real helpful Cuz i work alot during the summer months but not much after since I am a college student...thanks alot all

#3 ·
The majority of loans if you were to mail them that check for 400 bucks then they would count it as the next four payments.
On the other hand, if you want to put that 300 extra bucks towards the principle, you need to make a seperate check and note it to them as being for the principle. Otherwise even if you send them extra money they will just assume it's for future payments.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.