6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Banned
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Volkswagen iPod Guide (azteca)

Quote, originally posted by azteca »
the PIE installation guide shows it much easier, what is the scope? I am going to install it on my GTI

What are you comparing it to?

·
Banned
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Volkswagen iPod Guide (azteca)

The OEM one does the install the OEM way. It is the only interface that requires so much for the install.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Re: Volkswagen iPod Guide ([email protected])

So, what is the set-up that will work for the '07 Passat variant, w/o the CD changer (stock radio)? I have tried two of the USA units and neither one of them worked correctly. They both worked either as iPod only or stock radio, but the sound on some of the cuts was very poor. The sound is fine through the earbuds or on the home stereo.

·
Banned
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Volkswagen iPod Guide (whatnxt)

The blitzsafe will definatley work but the ones with control are having some issues that I have not pinpointed yet.

·
Banned
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Volkswagen iPod Guide (GS Audio)

Quote, originally posted by GS Audio »
Any info on the Neo Ion interface for VW's? Seems like a nice product, but haven't been able to get it to work.

That part is garbage. I sell it as pac and dont reccomend it to anyone. Look at the Dice units they work well.
http://enfigcarstereo.com/shop....html

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re: Volkswagen iPod Guide (tripfonix)

Quote, originally posted by tripfonix »
I just bought a new '06 Rabbit and have a single in-dash CD player. Would the Blitzsafe VW/M-Link1V.5 be a good choice?

And also, and I am a NOVICE, how difficult would it be to self-install? Are installation guides provided?
Also, this particular unit will allow me to retain full control of the ipod, correct? I won't have to use the actual radio controls?
Any help is much appreciated.

·
Banned
868 Posts
Re: Volkswagen iPod Guide (tripfonix)

Quote, originally posted by tripfonix »

And also, and I am a NOVICE, how difficult would it be to self-install? Are installation guides provided?
Also, this particular unit will allow me to retain full control of the ipod, correct? I won't have to use the actual radio controls?
Any help is much appreciated.

the Blitzsafe VW/M-Link1V.5 is a great product for that car, it will import direct audio to your headunit, charge the ipod, and pause it when you turn the car off, and all the ipod controls and screen are still functional
another great option would be the PIE VW02PCPOD2, this unit still gives you the freedom to make comands through the ipod, and use the screen, but this interface will also automaticaly starts the ipod playing when you select your aux changer from the radio, turns the ipod off when you turn the car off, and will control the track up and down from the radio controls/ steering wheel controls if you have them
like the blitzsafe it also provides direct audio input and charging

if you have factory satelite radio and wish to keep it be sure to order the sat pass thru (nessisary with any interface)

·
Banned
868 Posts
Re: (Stevek123)

there should be no reason that your warrenty should be voided after the install of one of these interfaces
infact VW sells their own version of these interfaces that connects to the car in the same exact way.
I have never heard of any incident where an ipod interface has damaged a factory radio, if anything is not working properly with the interface the radio will disallow acess to it
(similar to if you had a malfunctioning cd changer)
remeber, all these VW specific interfaces are true plug and play, with no mods needed to the car wiring harness
(also a perfect solution for leased vehicles)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: ([email protected])

Hi all,
I have a VW MFD navigation DD head unit. I would love to hookk up my iPod either vias the aux input or the CD changer harness. Do any of these iPod adaptors show ID3 information on the MFD display?
thanks

·
Banned
868 Posts
Re: (doodguy)

Quote, originally posted by doodguy »
Hi all,
I have a VW MFD navigation DD head unit. I would love to hookk up my iPod either vias the aux input or the CD changer harness. Do any of these iPod adaptors show ID3 information on the MFD display?
thanks

no VW headunit (past or present) is capable of providing CD text through the CD changer port
if you'd like to keep your cd changer you can use this:

or if you choose not to keep your external CD changer (if you have one) a interface that will control the ipod from the radio like the dice unit is a great solution

1 - 20 of 372 Posts