Discussion Starter #322
Re: (sven54)

This cassette door has a bump.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Re: ([email protected])

Is this <http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/DICE_I_VW_R.html>
what I need to connect and charge my 80g classic by using that cd changer control out port on the back of that HU with the 'humpy' cassette door in my Raddo? I'm not using the changer control slot.
Cheers

·
Registered
417 Posts
Re: (Ned Ludd)

Have a I VW R in my 05 jetta. Works well with my ipod video, but now I bought a touch..do i need a new unit or cable?? It will not charge or let me use the ipod controls with the touch

·
Registered
6 Posts
So, just to make sure i understand this correctly, as this seems much to easy.
I have a mark four jetta with the single DIN stereo and a trunk mount cd changer.
If i purchase the Blitz adaptor, and wire it into the cd changer out behind the head unit, i can then use/charge my ipod by using the cd function on my deck?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Re: (robmay)

ok, i know this is a big question for all about adding the aux in for the stereo. i have an 03 jetta with double din monsoon and cd changer hook up. i want to add an aux in through the cd changer harness. i know its as simple as splicing into the audio left, audio right and ground, however i don't know if anyone has done this. any suggestions. unfortunately i'm not one of the wealthy vw owners that can go out and buy the items from enfig and such. i wanna do this more of the low budget way.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey - before I do the ordering I want to make sure the BlitzSafe DMX V.5: http://enfigcarstereo.com/shop....html will work with my 2005.5 "new" Jetta (factory radio - single cd in dash) and my iphone 3gs. All the installation guides say to plug it into the CD changer (what if you don't have one!!) If this won't work - what will? Also on a scale of 1-10, 1 being easy - how hard is this to do myself?
And sorry for the near duplicate post - would have posted this in my original thread - but it got locked!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Has anyone found a device that will charge both old-school and "modern" iPhones? I have a 1st-gen 2G phone right now, but will be upgrading in December. I almost picked up a unit that has both iPhone and an aux-in (for the satellite), but then I noticed that it won't charge the 3G/3GS.
I've got the stock cassette deck stereo in a 98 Cabrio.
Does such a beast exist? I don't care about controls on the stereo, I'm fine controlling it through the phone itself.

Modified by Raketemensch at 6:44 PM 9-3-2009

·
Registered
570 Posts
Re: Volkswagen iPod Guide ([email protected])

Ok, dumb question. I looked over this entire thread but couldn't find the information I was looking for. I have a MK5 GTI with sat. radio. I don't use it and would like to change it to Ipod intergration. What do I need, and is it really plug and play? Suggest the best route please.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I have on '04 GTi with double din (non Monsoon and no CD changer) and I'm looking at the Dice Electronics i-VW-R/5V for my iPhone 3GS. I heard from another thread that someone had problems charging. Anyone confirm good/bad experiences with this setup?

·
Registered
1 Posts

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »
Installations coming soon

I've looked all over the place, both here and on enfig.com but I can't seem to find anything that details how to get a cable from the back of a stock stereo (Monsoon) into the glove box, or anywhere else for that matter.
I'll admit, I don't have the stereo out yet -- is it that super-obvious once it's out? I can't see any holes or gaps inside the glove box. Do I have to take off a bunch of trim?
Any links appreciated. Sorry if this is a FAQ but if it is, I couldn't find it. (I found this thread in about 10 seconds, so maybe a link to the install instructions would be appropriate here?)

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
FV-QR

For some reason, i cannot decipher the websites - I thought I had seen that one of the kits would work with my 03 GLI's Monsoon and Iphone 3G, charging, and allowing text display on the radio? Which of the kits gets me closest to this (if I can't get the text, thats ok)?

·
Registered
6 Posts

Which Ipods do NOT charge when the radio is on? I have noticed my Nano does not recharge.
Which Ipods have the best functionality with the VW adapter - that you can use the most controls and still recharges when the radio's on? Need a new Ipod for the car but don't want to get one that doesn't work well or recharge with the 08 Passat glove compartment adapter.
Thanks,
Tracy

·
Registered
20 Posts
2007 Mk4 Single Din CD unit

Hello.
This is a great thread with lots of information.
However, I don't seem to find information concerning the single din CD unit in my car, a 2007 Mk4 Jetta (I am in Colombia, where the Mk4 is still on sale).
Here's a picture of the unit:

Is there any way of using one of the interfaces? There is no mention of a CD changer support in the unit's user manual.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Modified by da_17 at 7:11 PM 10-20-2009

Modified by da_17 at 10:16 PM 10-20-2009

·
Banned
1,936 Posts
Re: (krisfh)

Quote, originally posted by krisfh »
So, just to make sure i understand this correctly, as this seems much to easy.
I have a mark four jetta with the single DIN stereo and a trunk mount cd changer.
If i purchase the Blitz adaptor, and wire it into the cd changer out behind the head unit, i can then use/charge my ipod by using the cd function on my deck?

The Blitzsafe will only allow you to charge and play the Ipod. There will be no control of it on the radio.

321 - 340 of 372 Posts