VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

341 - 360 of 372 Posts

·
Banned
1,936 Posts
Re: (stevejetta)

Quote, originally posted by stevejetta »
Hey - before I do the ordering I want to make sure the BlitzSafe DMX V.5: http://enfigcarstereo.com/shop....html will work with my 2005.5 "new" Jetta (factory radio - single cd in dash) and my iphone 3gs. All the installation guides say to plug it into the CD changer (what if you don't have one!!) If this won't work - what will? Also on a scale of 1-10, 1 being easy - how hard is this to do myself?
And sorry for the near duplicate post - would have posted this in my original thread - but it got locked!

Yes the V5 will work it'll just plug in behind the radio.

·
Banned
1,936 Posts
Re: (Raketemensch)

Quote, originally posted by Raketemensch »
Has anyone found a device that will charge both old-school and "modern" iPhones? I have a 1st-gen 2G phone right now, but will be upgrading in December. I almost picked up a unit that has both iPhone and an aux-in (for the satellite), but then I noticed that it won't charge the 3G/3GS.
I've got the stock cassette deck stereo in a 98 Cabrio.
Does such a beast exist? I don't care about controls on the stereo, I'm fine controlling it through the phone itself.

Modified by Raketemensch at 6:44 PM 9-3-2009

Just about all of our Ipod interfaces for VW/Audi support 5v charging except for the PIE. That means it will work for the older 12v charging Ipods as well.

·
Banned
1,936 Posts
Re: Volkswagen iPod Guide (GTI-DNA)

Quote, originally posted by GTI-DNA »
Ok, dumb question. I looked over this entire thread but couldn't find the information I was looking for. I have a MK5 GTI with sat. radio. I don't use it and would like to change it to Ipod intergration. What do I need, and is it really plug and play? Suggest the best route please.

None of the Ipod adapters hook up through the Sat port. They mainly use the external CD changer port. My best recommendation for any mk5 with steering wheel controls + full MFD would be the Dension Gateway 100
http://enfigcarstereo.com/shop....html

·
Banned
1,936 Posts
Re: Volkswagen iPod Guide (Cristo9FP)

Quote, originally posted by Cristo9FP »

I've looked all over the place, both here and on enfig.com but I can't seem to find anything that details how to get a cable from the back of a stock stereo (Monsoon) into the glove box, or anywhere else for that matter.
I'll admit, I don't have the stereo out yet -- is it that super-obvious once it's out? I can't see any holes or gaps inside the glove box. Do I have to take off a bunch of trim?
Any links appreciated. Sorry if this is a FAQ but if it is, I couldn't find it. (I found this thread in about 10 seconds, so maybe a link to the install instructions would be appropriate here?)

You can get a long zip tie or whatever to pull the cable through from the radio cavity to the glovebox, you just may need to make a hole. I've seen people just run the cable from the radio cavity and pop out the cover thats under the HVAC controls through there and a make a small hole for you to be able to clip that piece back in. When running the cable get creative, as long as its not in the way of anything(shift linkage and what not) put it to where you think it would be most accessible for you.

·
Banned
1,936 Posts
Re: FV-QR (enim)

Quote, originally posted by enim »
For some reason, i cannot decipher the websites - I thought I had seen that one of the kits would work with my 03 GLI's Monsoon and Iphone 3G, charging, and allowing text display on the radio? Which of the kits gets me closest to this (if I can't get the text, thats ok)?

There is nothing that would give you text on the MK4's. However we do have kits that support Iphone 3g and control of it on the radio.
A nice recommendation for Monsoon radio's would be the Grom I2 VAGD

·
Banned
1,936 Posts
Re: Volkswagen iPod Guide (tdicks)

Quote, originally posted by tdicks »
Which Ipods do NOT charge when the radio is on? I have noticed my Nano does not recharge.
Which Ipods have the best functionality with the VW adapter - that you can use the most controls and still recharges when the radio's on? Need a new Ipod for the car but don't want to get one that doesn't work well or recharge with the 08 Passat glove compartment adapter.
Thanks,
Tracy

The Ipods that switched to 5v charging would be the Iphone 3G, 2nd gen touch and I believe the latest nano. Unfortunately the OEM vw adapter doesnt support 5v charging.

·
Banned
1,936 Posts
Re: 2007 Mk4 Single Din CD unit (da_17)

Quote, originally posted by da_17 »
Hello.
This is a great thread with lots of information.
However, I don't seem to find information concerning the single din CD unit in my car, a 2007 Mk4 Jetta (I am in Colombia, where the Mk4 is still on sale).
Is there any way of using one of the interfaces? There is no mention of a CD changer support in the unit's user manual.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Modified by da_17 at 7:11 PM 10-20-2009

Modified by da_17 at 10:16 PM 10-20-2009

If you can, take the radio out just so I can verify what connection you have. You should have the standard ISO connectors however I need to make sure every time we're dealing with out of US cars http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
20 Posts
Re: 2007 Mk4 Single Din CD unit ([email protected])

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »

If you can, take the radio out just so I can verify what connection you have. You should have the standard ISO connectors however I need to make sure every time we're dealing with out of US cars http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Thanks for your input... I just checked a mexican forum and I found out the radio is unable of controlling an external 6 cd changer, so I'm guessing it won't work for the ipod adapter either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: Volkswagen iPod Guide ([email protected])

Since the VW OEM ipod adapter doesn't support 5v charging, is there some other adapter I can get that will? Or am I stuck looking for older ipods that still work?
Also, would the latest ipod classic work with the oem adapter?

·
Banned
1,936 Posts
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by tdicks »
Since the VW OEM ipod adapter doesn't support 5v charging, is there some other adapter I can get that will? Or am I stuck looking for older ipods that still work?
Also, would the latest ipod classic work with the oem adapter?

There are other adapters that will plug in right where the OEM adapter is as it uses a cd changer style connector.
They all support charging and allow you to actually control the ipod from the Ipod itself unlike the OEM adapter.
The Classic still uses 12v charging so it would still work with the OEM adapter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: FV-QR ([email protected])

Thank you so much! I'll call on these... do you know offhand if they work for the 2008 Passat (the web pages don't specify that year). Also, do you know if any of them support song titles from the ipod through the factory radio? I have in-dash satellite radio w/ 6-disc CD factory installed; right now the OEM ipod adapter displays no text from the ipod (or cd) - just track 1 etc.
Thanks,
Tracy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: FV-QR ([email protected])

HI, I'm new to the boards. I looked around but wasn't able to find a solution to my problem.
I have a 2006 GTI (newer model), stock HU with SAT. I just installed a DICE i-VW-SAT/5V ipod connector. The audio is working but I am having issues with the controls and display.
I've tried the DIP switches and disconnected the blue factory plug from the HU. I also verified that my ipod firmware is up to date. The display scrolls random SAT information and the presets show SAT channels, not the 001-006 that are supposed to show.
The HU controls do not work at all. When a button is pressed the song stops for a second then continues. I've found that I can only operate the ipod controls from the ipod.
Any information is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Banned
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #355
Re: FV-QR (sfgabe)

Contact dice. The controls on that unit are a little complicated so we try not to sell it. They have a new I-Audi/VW-SAT unit that we are testing for them that seems to work a much better. If you can return it or if you purchased it from us we would be more than happy to swap it out for you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Re: Volkswagen iPod Guide ([email protected])

I read the whole page on the enfig site, but I still have a question.
I have an ipod video and an iphone 3G. Is there an adapter that allows the charging of either device. Also I use the shuffle feature a whole lot on my ipod. I would have to set it on that first, then plug it in...correct?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looking for an iPod adapter for my 2002 GTI 337 with Monsoon stereo -- with both in-dash CD and a 6-disc changer in the back.
I prefer to control everything thru the iPod, not the car radio.
Will this product work for my car? And will it allow me to connect both the iPod adapter AND the 6-disc changer at the same time?
Volkswagen 1K0 051 444 iPod Adapter
thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Re: (SpeedRacer337)

I am looking for a mount for my 7th gen 160GB ipod classic. I have it hooked up with a blitzsafe connector so i would prefer the mount be able to accept the cable into it. Most of the proclip mounts specify 5th generation and lower. And none of them list the blitzsafe connector as being compatible. Any suggestions?

341 - 360 of 372 Posts