VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

881 - 900 of 1260 Posts

·
7,996 Posts
^ 3 windows you say? :laugh: I'll be heading out to the CLE show this week hopefully. I was told the WCC Kia Stinger is there, but seeing the 2019 Jetta will be a nice bonus.
Three daylight openings (DLO). That's designer-speak. ;) They count each door and the separate C-pillar DLO. Vent/wing windows don't count as they are part of the DLO on door.

I guess a better way to put it would be the MK7 Jetta has a window in the C-pillar for the first time.

·
Registered
29,425 Posts
Sorry bud, but you aren't.

Except for the GLI trims, the Jetta has never been anything but bland. And this is coming from a guy who has owned 5 Jettas. Bland is also understated and I think thats part of the charm of a Jetta.
Bland is charming? That must explain the popularity of the Camry.

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts
3 windows first in history? Shirley you jest.

:p i know, for a 4-door sedan. or is it a coupe? it gets so confusing.

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Wow. Here I was ready to throw in the towel on sedans but honestly, I may lease one of these when my current lease is up.

I have 1.4T 5 speed SE and this would be a nice upgrade. R line manual would be my choice. My car plus an extra gear and an LSD would be great. I hope by the time I'm ready to lease it will have a multi-link rear end.

Praying I can get the following combo:

R-line
Digital dash
No sunroof

We shall see.
no r line with cockpit- i posted the prelim trims in the lounge and r line is se only.

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Wow. Very impressed, particularly the interior for a budget car.
The interior you are looking at is the SEL Premium. And you can expect it to cost 28-30k. I would not exactly call that budget. Wait til you get a gander at the S cloth interior. It is literally night and day.

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
GTI Autobahn w/ Auto is $37k
A3 Premium Plus w/ Tech Package is $38k
A4 base is $36k

Why buy an overpriced econobox when I can buy a luxury car for just a little more?

That's the main question.

And it comes down to is VW run by idiots, or are they marketing geniuses to force you up the luxury food chain?
After going through my Atlas buy back, I can unequivocally say the former!

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
35,886 Posts
It will be interesting to see what the cheaper trims look like. It’s easy to make a top spec show stand car look fantastic.

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Will there be a basic carrier roof rack like the mkvi? The Passat and beetle lost rack options so I wonder if this one will too.

881 - 900 of 1260 Posts