VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following discussions with Volkswagen Group Australia (VGA) head office in Sydney, Volkswagen Magazine Australia will now be called VW Magazine Australia. VGA were informed of my magazine intentions since last October, including the proposed title, however, via a personal phone call advised me that they had decided to withhold the use of the trademarked word VOLKSWAGEN. VGA have apologised for their late notice, and have given me written approval to now use the title VW Magazine Australia (VWMA).
Although it would have been better if this matter had been resolved before the first issue, the magazine will continue to build on its successful debut. There will be a banner change, incorporating a large VW across the top with Magazine Australia written in smaller font underneath. I'll post a copy of the mock-up soon.
My relationship with VGA is strong and I look forward to their continued support of VW Magazine Australia. Please spread the word about the changes. and when the proposed new magazine title design is posted let everyone know what to look for. The last couple of weeks have been eventful and the flood of positive responses coming in from the first issue have paved a bright future for VWMA.
Cheers
Craig Hughes
Editor
VWMA
ps If you had not realised, this now makes the first issue a collectors item. There's always a silver lining.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Re: Volkswagen Magazine Australia Name Change (vmamag)

Craig, great to see an Aussie VW mag. was wondering if it will include Audi articles as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Volkswagen Magazine Australia Name Change (A4PLAY)

It will, and sooner than later if you know of a suitable story. Just forward details on to me.
I have just received a story on a VR6 which will run in the next issue.
Cheers
Craig Hughes
Editor
VWMA

·
Registered
922 Posts
Re: (Lams)

Hey Alex please see if you can find them please grab me one. I am travelling again and will probably miss it completely. My local newsagent didnt have it.
Time to subscribe I think............

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Re: (urban1.8t)

craig, my brother goes to John Paul so I am around Shailer Park a lot. Can I come down one day and buy one (or two) at your office?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts

There is a guy in Melbourne who has an A4 that has run a 12.1 down the quater mile. That's a story! He has done quite a bit of work to his car

Includint S4 Gearbox, bigger turbo and the rest

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

The magazine on the shelves is titled Volkswagen Magazine Australia.
There are copies in Brisbane. You could try the newsagent cnr George and Adelaide streets CBD.
There are also copies at the Hyperdome (BigW end), and at the Shailer Park Newsagent, Bryants Road.
Cheers
Craig Hughes
Editor
VWMA

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Re: (blkglf)

Quote, originally posted by blkglf »
is it distributed in sydney too?
couldn't find it

Melbourne??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (Erotas)

Hi Guys,
The good news is that it's in Sydney and Melbourne. The bad news is that it's selling fast. Most newsagents have had to re-order stocks. You can ask your newsagent to order from NDD, the national distributor of the mag, but stocks are getting a little thin.
Alternatively, there may be a few copies at Vintage Vee-Dub or Custom Bugs and Buses in Sydney, and Wolfsburg Automotive or Volkshome in Melbourne.
I have a few in stock in Brisbane. A postal order for $7.95 will have it on your doorstep in a couple of days. Make it payable to VW Magazine Australia and send to VWMA PO Box 3551 Loganholme Qld 4129.
Cheers
Craig Hughes
Editor
VWMA

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Re: (vmamag)

Great mag Craig picked up a copy on the 21/02/04.
Intresting read on Last Edition Beetle and Rod's restored 54 Oval.
Also that intresting article on the Volkswagen in Australia- the Forgotten Story book which is coming out Nov,I plan to reserve myself a copy.
All in all Fantastic mag keep it up by the way is this Monthly or Bi-Monthly mag. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by phaeton at 12:06 PM 2-21-2004

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (phaeton)

Quarterly for 2004.
I'll review sales and budgets at the end of the year, and then decide what frequency for 2005.
Cheers
Craig Hughes
Editor
VWMA

1 - 16 of 16 Posts