VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We are still offering this incredible deal on an OEM Navigation unit for your VW, and now we have 2 options

Option 1- This is a Genuine Navigation System with an aftermarket GPS Antenna $729.99

Option 2- This is a Genuine Nav unit with an OEM Antenna (000-051-502-F) $799.99

This unit is a perfect upgrade for your Volkswagen. This Nav unit and Antenna are plug and play for most current model VW's. This navigation unit is plug and play for models with White instrument cluster lighting. For vehicles with blue and red instrument cluster lighting, you not have steering wheel controls with this unit, as it is setup for newer models. This unit also has bluetooth integrated into it. Please note that the navigation unit does not have a mic built in. A mic must be retrofitted to vehicle and the bluetooth on the car must be activated via VagCom.

This same setup would cost over $1900 to buy at a dealer.

The VW RNS-315 Navigation System has a 5" touch screen. It offers an Aux jack in the front; thisallows you to add an Aux jack with no effort at all. This version of the RNS315 offers built inBluetooth. Which you don’t have to use,but is available for the vehicles that do not come with Bluetooth alreadyinstalled. For vehicles withoutBluetooth you will need to add a mic to have the complete phone functionalityof the phone system.
The RNS315 Navigation system is also completely compatiblewith MDI interface. The RNS 315 alsooffers an SD card slot that allows you to play music directly off of your SDcard. No need to wait to download dataonto a hard drive. This navigation radiois capable of playing MP3, WMA, and AAC. Stereo Bluetooth is also supported on this unit for if you don’t carefor downloading anything of buying SD cards. Just play the music directly off of your phone via stereoBluetooth.
The RNS-315 Navigation system has lots of great features,but the greatest one of all is that the unit is plug and play. That means no cutting or splicing ortechnical knowledge is needed to install this into your VW. You can have a great simple OEM navigationunit installed into your Volkswagen in minutes.

Includes
GPS Navigation unit preloaded with US Nav Software, Radio Code, and GPS puck antenna

Software Version: North America V3

The actual part number of this radio is RNS 315 # 1K0-057-274-D. This is the newest version of this radio and come equipped with blue tooth.

Since this unit comes with Bluetooth, if your vehicle already has Bluetooth you will need to switch off the Bluetooth on the unit to restore functionality of the Bluetooth in your vehicle. This can be done pretty easily with Vagcom.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To bad I can't get the red and blue lighting or I would consider buying.
I don't know what you mean by this.

This unit works in vehicles with red and blue lighting. But if you have steering wheel controls for your radio they will not be able to control the navigation unit.

If you have white and red instrument cluster lighting the nav unit keeps all functionality.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
unfortunately this only works with the WHITE MFD - I have an mk5 with the red MFD and I will confirm that it will NOT display nav directions on my MFD

Yes this would be correct if having the navigation turns in your instrument cluster is a must then this would not work for you. Are there any aftermarket navigation systems that display the turn by turn in your MFD?

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Paul - you are correct that there are no aftermarket nav system that shows the turn by turn in the MFD but this is an OEM system you're selling and it does have that feature - it just doesn't work with the mk5.

I would not advertise this for the mk5 in this mk5 section of the forum since it doesn't work on the mk5 as it's designed for the mk6 - also I would like to add that even the volume control buttons on my steering wheel will not work with this unit in my mk5.

lastly, when you plug the vagcom in and do a scan, it does not recognize that a radio is attached to the car - I don't think its worth while for anyone with an mk5 to put this in the car - or I would atleast advertised the features of this nav system that will not work in an mk5.

If I had bought this thinking it worked perfect in my mk5 and ripped my dash apart to install in only to find out it wont display the turn by tuen in my MFD or I can use my steering wheel control with an OEM system - I would not be very happy
I would not expect someone to be happy if one of those functions not working was a surprise. For that reason those points are disclosed in the original post.

Also if you have a MK5 Jetta and you are looking for Navigation system I offer this as a nice alternative to an aftermarket unit. Im sure you would agree that in this price range this would be a functional unit if you wanted to add nav to your MK5 Jetta or GTI and still keep the OEM feel.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
So if the vehicle you're adding this to already has Bluetooth you can not use the Bluetooth on the RNS-315 instead? Just curious as our 2010 Jetta has BT but no integrated controls other than a link, mute, and call button near the sunroof. It would be nice to have phone interface with a unit utilizing on-screen controls.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So if the vehicle you're adding this to already has Bluetooth you can not use the Bluetooth on the RNS-315 instead? Just curious as our 2010 Jetta has BT but no integrated controls other than a link, mute, and call button near the sunroof. It would be nice to have phone interface with a unit utilizing on-screen controls.
You can but the process is much easier to deactivate the one on the head unit. I'm sure someone familiar with vagcom should be able to make this work for you.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.