- April sales total 30,009 units
- The all-new Golf family of vehicles delivered 5,508 units, a 206 percent increase, the best April since 2000
- The Golf GTI delivered 1,905 units, a 97 percent increase
- Golf delivered 1,739 units for the month, a 109 percent increase
- e-Golf delivered 309 units, the best month ever for the vehicle
- Jetta sedan delivered 11,440 units, a 5.4 percent increase
- Tiguan delivered 2,402 units, a 20 percent increase
- High-mileage, TDI® Clean Diesel models accounted for 21.4 percent of sales in April
The all-new Golf continued to find success in the market with the addition of the Golf R and the start of sales for the all-new Golf SportWagen, which was announced as the official vehicle of USA Cycling on April 30th. In April, Golf family sales totaled 5,508 units, marking the best April for the Golf family since 2000.
“We are encouraged by the performance of the Golf family, delivering the best April in15 years, and happy to see the momentum is amplified by the addition of the Golf R and Golf SportWagen joining the lineup,” said Mark McNabb, chief operating officer, Volkswagen of America.
The Chattanooga-built Passat totaled 6,623 units delivered for the month. Volkswagen recently introduced the value laden Limited Edition model, which has a starting MSRP of $23,995. Replacing the Wolfsburg and SE trims, the Limited Edition features the fuel-efficient 1.8-liter TSI engine and a six-speed automatic transmission, along with a standard rearview camera, push-button start, power driver’s seat, and touchscreen radio.
The Jetta, which was refreshed for the 2015 model year and has a suite of available driver assistance features, continued to show its strength as a core model, with11,440 units delivered, a 5.4 percent increase over the previous April.
The Tiguan delivered 2,402 units marking a 20 percent increase over the previous April. The Touareg, refreshed for 2015, delivered 619 units: 323 of these were TDI® Clean Diesel models, amounting to 52.2 percent of sales.
April 2015 Sales
|April 15||April 14||Yr/Yr% change||April15 YTD||April14 YTD||Yr/Yr% change|
|Total Golf Family||5,508||1,798||206.3%||18,271||7,148||155.6%|