- November sales total 31,725 units, representing a 3.2 percent increase over November 2013
- Jetta sedan delivered 14,268 units for the month, a 31.8 percent increase
- The all-new Golf delivered 2,149 units for the month, marking a 85.9 percent increase in sales for the model over the previous November
- The Golf GTI delivered 1,725 units, a 64.8 percent increase
- TDI Clean Diesel sales amounted to 17.2 percent of total November sales
The Jetta, refreshed for the 2015 model year with a suite of driver assistance features, continued to show its strength as a core model, with 14, 268 units delivered, marking a 31.8 percent increase.
The all-new Golf family continued to find success in both deliveries and accolades. In November, Volkswagen was awarded the 2015 Motor Trend Car of the Year, in recognition of the full Golf family. The prestigious award joins additional Golf family accolades including Green Car Reports “Best Car to Buy in 2015” for the e-Golf and the 2015 Yahoo Autos Car of the Year for the Golf GTI. Golf family sales in November included 2,149 Golf units, 1,725 Golf GTIs and 119 e-Golf units.
“We are thrilled with the accolades the Golf family of vehicles has received, including the 2015 Motor Trend Car of the Year. These awards applaud the line up’s versatility, quality and value,” said Mark McNabb, chief operating officer, Volkswagen of America. “Partnered with the refreshed Jetta and upcoming redesigned Touareg, the potential for increased showroom traffic looks promising.”
The Chattanooga-built Passat totaled 6,966 units delivered for the month. The Touareg delivered 578 units, 319 of which were Clean Diesel TDI, amounting to 55.2 percent of sales of the model. The Tiguan delivered 2,082 units.
November 2014 Sales
|Nov.14 YTD||Nov.13 YTD||Yr/Yr%|