VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
25,386 Posts
Re: >>Volvo to enter Speed WC GT Series with S60 Rs (16v)

Quote, originally posted by 16v »

wtf is up with that paint job? me no likey.

but two thumbs up for volvo for getting into speed gt series, thats gonna be fun to watch.

· Registered
14,315 Posts
Re: >>Volvo to enter Speed WC GT Series with S60 Rs (VR6inAZ)

4 cars? Man, its gonna be a train of Volvos, Audis and BMWs! Not to mention CTS-Vs, Vipers, Vettes, and the usual assortment of interesting/older machinery.
Also, how is Derek Bell the lead driver? I mean hes a legend and a great driver, but even he always says he is beyond his prime. He never could keep pace with his teammate with Champion in the Audis (nor did they expect him to).
So will Speed now be able to interview Hans Stuck and Derek Bell during the race? That would be impressive!

· Registered
14,449 Posts
Re: >>Volvo to enter Speed WC GT Series with S60 Rs (gtivr4)

This rocks. This series is getting better and better. I was bummed by the loss of some Porsche teams before last season, but it seems things are turning around for the good. I really hope I can catch one of these races in person this year.
ONLY TWO WEEKS LEFT UNTIL DAYTONA, BABY!!! (not that I'm going, but it's on TV!)

· Registered
3,717 Posts
Re: >>Volvo to enter Speed WC GT Series with S60 Rs (climacus)

Quote, originally posted by climacus »
Did Garth Brooks pick the color scheme?

i dig those blue rims they could of painted it better though go speed channel so many good cars i don't know who to cheer for.

· Registered
3,070 Posts
Re: >>Volvo to enter Speed WC GT Series with S60 Rs (gtivr4)

Quote, originally posted by gtivr4 »
So will Speed now be able to interview Hans Stuck and Derek Bell during the race? That would be impressive!

Actually BMW pulled out of Speed GT for the 2004 season. So no Hans Stuck (or Boris Said unless he's getting a ride with another team for the Speed races). But MacMillen will enter two privateer M3s I understand.

· Registered
14,449 Posts
Re: >>Volvo to enter Speed WC GT Series with S60 Rs (climacus)

Quote, originally posted by climacus »

Actually BMW pulled out of Speed GT for the 2004 season. So no Hans Stuck (or Boris Said unless he's getting a ride with another team for the Speed races). But MacMillen will enter two privateer M3s I understand.

I wonder what Boris is doing. I'm pulling for him. He's a great driver and he really wants to drive for NASCAR. I know my fellow sports car fans will poo-poo NASCAR, but it would be nice to see Boris get a ride and make some REAL money. He gets to drive the Bud Shootout in Feb at Daytona, which is awesome. I hope he wins.
So no BMW V8s in GT this year? Bummer.

· Registered
3,070 Posts
Re: >>Volvo to enter Speed WC GT Series with S60 Rs (dcomiskey)

Quote, originally posted by dcomiskey »
I wonder what Boris is doing. I'm pulling for him. He's a great driver and he really wants to drive for NASCAR.

Well, he did race in the NASCAR truck series back in the mid-90s. But considering that he's a "foreigner" and isn't from the south, he'd probably never be accepted into the old boys club.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.