VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
192 Posts
Re: Votex Foglights (VR6 Mk3)

I've seen the HELLA's advestised for $199 in the Novemeber edition of MAX Power by Tuning Zubehor http://www.tuningzubehor.com
I'm not sure if there is a significant difference in the quality of the materials used between the Votex and the HELLA's. In other words, I don't know if they melt as easily or not

I plan on purchasing the HELLA's myself in the next month. But if anyone else should before then, let us ALL know if they are an improved product over the Votex ones.....

· Registered
1,405 Posts
Re: Votex Foglights (mxitup)

I have votexs that i have had on from NJ to VA and they did not melt.. although i do use them when i AM suppose to.. like in crummy weather... if you sit in traffic with them on they gonna melt since they arent being cooled down.. but there no point in having them on in that time.. but if you use them accrodingly youll have no problems.. or if you just use them when moving and not stoped to long

· Banned
5,286 Posts
Re: Votex Foglights (Vdub18)

quote:[HR][/HR]I have votexs that i have had on from NJ to VA and they did not melt.. although i do use them when i AM suppose to.. like in crummy weather... if you sit in traffic with them on they gonna melt since they arent being cooled down.. but there no point in having them on in that time.. but if you use them accrodingly youll have no problems.. or if you just use them when moving and not stoped to long[HR][/HR]​
egggsactly, Marc.

all the 'pimp riders' that run their fogs all day long (cuz it's cool
) are going to have trouble.
fogs are for bad weather. but they do look cool.
*edit* factory fogs are cool looking. IMO anything you have to bolt to your bumper is nasty. it's one thing if you are doing rally Xing, but i don't think most do.... (especially with all the diff colored torpedo looking fogs people find at auto zone)

[Modified by VolkSchnell-GTI, 4:58 PM 11-21-2001]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.