VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased '03 Jetta Wagon... and wanted the Dealer to install for me... the Votex Drivers Gear Full Body Kit...
Sales Manager called me to inform me that my VW DRivers Gear Body kit (the Votex one) has a problem...
The rear bumper shell doesn't fit... WHAT?!?!?!

He is mumbling something to the effect that the Canadian bumper standards for rear bumpers, are different than for those in the U.S. Hence the rear bumper section doesn't fit...
Does anybody with experience know what's the deal with such a kit, or is the dealer confused or mistaken...
Thank you in advance...

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
Re: Votex Rear Bumper for Variant Jetta in Canada doesn't Fit! Huh? Anybody ? (emumtl)

Did think the Canadian Standards where any different the the US specs, hence NA parts. What did they say it would work on?
The underlying structural body is the same european, na, what ever.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
VWof N.A. says...

The thing that kept the Wagon out of Canada for so long, was in fact the bumper standards...
In that, the US crash test results are minimum of 5mph, whereas in Canada the minimum requirement is 10kph ---> Which translates to 6.2mph...
imagine that, 1.2mph difference was enough to keep the car out of Canada.
Anyways, neither myself or the VWofN.A. representative think or feel that they have built two different bumpers destined to either Canada or the U.S.
And, the dealer didn't exactly order a sedan Votex body kit and then go... ooops, it doesn't fit...
Therefore... does a rear bumper kit exist for Wagons, or doesn't it... That is now the 64,000 dollar question @ VWof Canada...

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Re: VWof N.A. says... (emumtl)

Variant/Wagon bumpers in the rear ARE in fact different from Regular Sedan models, you willhave to wait for Votex to get you something or step up to projektzwo or oettinger or caractre on that rear valence/bumper issue, because VW hasnt...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.