VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to get a mk3 oil pan for my VR auto.. will any mk3 pan work? or does it have to be from another auto vr?
im aware that i need a new mk3 oil pan gasket to clear my oil pump, but do i also need the flywheel cover from another mk3 auto vr car or can it be from a manual mk3 vr?
and if anyone knos where i can get one that would be great too !

· Registered
418 Posts
Re: (sdavis872)

Quote, originally posted by sdavis872 »
You want a mk3 oil pan on your mk4? What's the benefit of that? I've never heard on anyone doing this.

because our pans are junk, mkIII pans are stronger

· Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (sdavis872)

Quote, originally posted by sdavis872 »
You want a mk3 oil pan on your mk4? What's the benefit of that? I've never heard on anyone doing this.

the vr pan is aluminum and mine busted even thru my steel skid plate.. so i want a steel pan protected by my steel skid plate so its super durable since im so low and jersey roads suckk..
the mk3s are steel so thats why i wanna see if that will work and i can just get one from a junkyard or something..or new

· Registered
418 Posts
Re: (x0cole0x)

Quote, originally posted by x0cole0x »

the vr pan is aluminum and mine busted even thru my steel skid plate.. so i want a steel pan protected by my steel skid plate so its super durable since im so low and jersey roads suckk..
the mk3s are steel so thats why i wanna see if that will work and i can just get one from a junkyard or something..or new

they definitely work. 12v and 24v have the same block, therefor the pan will work.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
2,980 Posts
Re: (3oh4!)

ill be the one puttin it on for her,so this was kinda for me in a way,so any mk3 vr pan will work? it does not matter if the mk3 is stick or auto? ps her vr is auto thats my im asking and same goes for the flywheel cover?

· Registered
211 Posts
Re: VR OIL PAN QUESTION, yes ive searched.. (x0cole0x)

I have a mk3 steel oil pan on my VR. Bolts right up with the mk3 gasket. The only thing I suggest is you have something made to cover the flywheel. I made one out of aluminum.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.