VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i have read this thread and many more (https://sites.google.com/site/stoyne...jection-system) I understand how to remove the SAI system. I also understand that if you remove it on an OBD2 engine it will cause a CEL (maybe). My question and concern is if removing the system is ok. I don’t care if the CEL is on. I just want to make sure i don’t NEED the c2 chip to do the delete (I plan on getting the chip soonish) for the engine to run properly and safe. Does anyone have some information for me?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Its sole purpose is to push air through the rear cylinders exhaust ports and into the cat to allow the cat to warm up quicker. It is not used for the motor and is simply there for emissions controls. If you leave the SAI solenoid in place then you won't get a cel or I believe some people use resisters. I removed the pump and all of the hoses and the combi-valve in the head but left the wiring in place with the solenoid & relay connected.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.