VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Audi TT MK2 3.2 seems to run rich during idle, I have replaced all pipes and have fixed up a vacuum leak on the one albow. But on idle it seems to sound a little rough and almost feels like it misses. Can someone suggest what to look at next?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
What's the mileage on the TT? The VVT, or variable valve timing, can get gummed up by too long between oil changes, and a rough idle is the first symptom. There are measuring blocks in VAGCOM that will show the VVT values...I've got the particulars on my other computer, will post them, if you like.

Next time you change the oil, put a can of engine flush in a warm engine and follow the can's instructions on how long to run the engine before draining the oil. I used a LiquiMoly flush and it did the trick for me.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Here's what a new VVT solenoid looks like:

Those ports can get plugged by "infrequent" oil changes ;), and a funky idle is one of the early signs. Usually the exhaust cam VVT solenoid is the symptom : a funky idle!

Keep that oil clean, my friends...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts