VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
New ARP product # VLK-05-350-4705 is a VR6 Head Stud Kit and it will sell from us for $205. This saves you close to $75 from the Raceware kit.
We have purchased the entire first run of these new VR6 Head Stud Kits. They are due to arrive any day. Due to the fact that many of the kits coming in are already presold we have also purchased the entire second run.
If you are interested in other fitments please look here: http://velocitysport.com/products/search.asp?m=bra&q=1001201519
Sincerely,
Jeff

·
Registered
9,899 Posts
Re: VR6 ARP Head Stud available!! (billyVR6)

I need an ARP bolt kit for an O2A quaife...... Do you carry them, and have them in stock?

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Re: VR6 ARP Head Stud available!! (climbingcue)

Its about time they made a HD Stud for the VR6! Super cool http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
27,070 Posts
Re: VR6 ARP Head Stud available!! (J. Moss)

VERY Cool! I'll have to look into them in Spring!

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Re: VR6 ARP Head Stud available!! (PineappleMonkey)

I need a set now, but can u tell me the difference between the arp and raceware once

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Hi Billyvr6,
Please contact sales at either 310-952-0003 or [email protected]
climbingcue,
I have just left a message at ARP about your diff. bolts and am expecting a call back shortly. You can call Gary Peloquin at 310-219-1391. He had some bolt kits made up that we had used and sold quite a few of. They worked very well.
benzivr6,
We have been riding them for over 2 years for these!
Next,
The difference in price is about $75. And the last time we installed a Raceware kit was over 3 years ago but the length of thread above the nut was uneven among the three different length studs. We have checked the ARP kit ourselve and the length is spot on.
Thanks for all of the interest! I hope everyone has a good upcoming holiday!
Jeff

·
Registered
9,899 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]
climbingcue,
I have just left a message at ARP about your diff. bolts and am expecting a call back shortly. You can call Gary Peloquin at 310-219-1391. He had some bolt kits made up that we had used and sold quite a few of. They worked very well.[HR][/HR]​
Thank you

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for the responses! We have gone through all of the kits first sent to us and are waiting for the second batch.
I am also still waiting for a call back about the diff bolts.
Jeff

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: VR6 ARP Head Stud available!! (climbingcue)

quote:[HR][/HR]I need an ARP bolt kit for an O2A quaife...... Do you carry them, and have them in stock?
[HR][/HR]​
Hi climbingcue,
I just got off the phone with ARP and they said they will have them back in in about two weeks. Our part number is VLK-40-410-3002 and we normally sell them for $62.
Good luck.
Jeff

·
Registered
2,356 Posts

is it possible to change over to head studs without taking the head off the block? do you have to remove the cams?
just curious, i havn't had the valve cover off of mine yet.

·
Registered
566 Posts

Hey Jeff and Joel thanks for the promt service. I got my head bolts today in the mail!!
Here is a pic for all to see.

They are going in this weekend!!

Keith

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Re: VR6 ARP Head Stud available!! (adamrules)

quote:[HR][/HR]is it possible to change over to head studs without taking the head off the block? do you have to remove the cams?
just curious, i havn't had the valve cover off of mine yet.[HR][/HR]​
anyone?
i'm pretty sure it's possible with ford small blocks. i don't have head gasket troubles yet but if i supercharge i'd like to play it safe.

[Modified by adamrules, 12:04 AM 12-1-2001]

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: VR6 ARP Head Stud available!! (adamrules)

Hi Adam,
I have put in headstuds on a VR6 without removing the head.
I would prefer to pull the head and change to the studs.

Jeff

·
Forum Elder
14,565 Posts
Re: VR6 ARP Head Stud available!! (vwdriver92)

quote:[HR][/HR]hey do those studs have the gay 16 point torxs on them????[HR][/HR]​
LOL!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

quote:[HR][/HR]hey do those studs have the gay 16 point torxs on them????[HR][/HR]​
Hi vwdriver92,
They use a 12 point 1/2 inch nut. I think the torx bolts you are talking about come on the new 1.8t's and 2.0's.
Jeff

·
Registered
1,451 Posts

12 pt 16 pt same difference they are still gay, I can't see any advantage to those except a bigger price tag for the tools, I got those bits, and worked with them all and even with the right tools I still think they are easier to strip out over a conventional socket, don't give me crap that they can support the head better because they got 12pt over a coventional socket head because go to a nhra event they got arp studs with socket head runnin over 1000hp up to 5000hp
VW audi all those guys just luv to through that crap at ya, so you don't to fix it your self and take it to a dealer or something, who knows thier logic
Not saying their logic sucks but they on a older 1.8 they got socket heads for the mains, rods and flywheel but good old 12 or 16 pts for the head and the vr has that crap everywhere

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

quote:[HR][/HR]12 pt 16 pt same difference they are still gay, I can't see any advantage to those except a bigger price tag for the tools, I got those bits, and worked with them all and even with the right tools I still think they are easier to strip out over a conventional socket, don't give me crap that they can support the head better because they got 12pt over a coventional socket head because go to a nhra event they got arp studs with socket head runnin over 1000hp up to 5000hp
VW audi all those guys just luv to through that crap at ya, so you don't to fix it your self and take it to a dealer or something, who knows thier logic
Not saying their logic sucks but they on a older 1.8 they got socket heads for the mains, rods and flywheel but good old 12 or 16 pts for the head and the vr has that crap everywhere[HR][/HR]​
Hi vwdriver92,
I think you are misunderstanding me. The ARP nuts use a conventional 12 point 1/2 inch drive nut. The socket you will use with them is the plain old style one you get in a standard tool kit.

Jeff

1 - 20 of 23 Posts