VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Corrado SLC that I'd like to build, I also like Autocross! I think I'd like to build my car with SCCA in mind and am wondering what are the best options!

What I've done so far:
koni dual adjustable coilovers
Hybrid bushing control arms
Techtonics 2.5" exhaust with high flow cat
Baffled oil pan
GIAC chip
Aluminum Radiator and 12" fans

I had a chance to ride shotgun during a 1st place autocross lap in an S1 Scirocco 16v. I don't remember his classing but he had a tuned ECU on stock engine internals, and it was obscenely fast. I need to find out who tuned his car and what can be accomplished tuning wise for a 12v.

I'm not sure what I'd like to do now reconsidering n SCCA classes, I still need to research classes and competition levels. Below are some of the things I was previously interested in doing.

Port and polished big valve head
268 cams
Header
Clone intake
Lugtronic or other aftermarket tune able ECU

Anyone got any ideas? Any experience? Any recommendations?

Thanks

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
I have a Corrado SLC that I'd like to build, I also like Autocross! I think I'd like to build my car with SCCA in mind and am wondering what are the best options!

What I've done so far:
koni dual adjustable coilovers
Hybrid bushing control arms
Techtonics 2.5" exhaust with high flow cat
Baffled oil pan
GIAC chip
Aluminum Radiator and 12" fans

I had a chance to ride shotgun during a 1st place autocross lap in an S1 Scirocco 16v. I don't remember his classing but he had a tuned ECU on stock engine internals, and it was obscenely fast. I need to find out who tuned his car and what can be accomplished tuning wise for a 12v.

I'm not sure what I'd like to do now reconsidering n SCCA classes, I still need to research classes and competition levels. Below are some of the things I was previously interested in doing.

Port and polished big valve head
268 cams
Header
Clone intake
Lugtronic or other aftermarket tune able ECU

Anyone got any ideas? Any experience? Any recommendations?

Thanks
as soon as you do p&p, it will put you in a class where you will certainly not be competitive. Cams will do the same. If you dont really care about doing autox for points, then go for it. Look at the SCCA classification book, its super confusing too. Im sure there are other clubs that host autox events. For example, here we have BMW and Porsche host events in addition to SCCA. Those clubs will have all the SCCA rules and more.
One word of advice, it is not about how much power your car will make, but about putting the power down (LSD), handling (suspension), and weight reduction. As an example, my mk2 made 140whp. Even with such low HP, I have a very hard time getting traction coming out of corners on 140 treadwear tires.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I'm trying figure out how to serve two ideas... Building the car, and driving the car... I've always wanted to build, and Autocross is cheap thrills...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts