VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a valve guide fail in my mk4 r32. The quote to replace all the guides and machine the valve seats is $650. For $615 I can buy a used cylinder head from a audi TT 3.2L. The issue is the cylinder head is from a 2008-2009 TT. The cylinder head part numbers for the mk4 r32 and mk1 TT match, but the mk2 (2006+) TT cylinder head has a different part number. Does anyone know what the differences are? Can I put a mk2 TT 3.2L head on my mk4 R32 bottom end? The mk2 TT cylinder head I'm looking at is fully built. Also, as a side note, I do have a tune on my ecu. It's the gonzo stage 2+.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I paid ~ $750 to have my cylinder head decked, exhaust valve guides replaced, valve seal check, and assembly of valves, springs and retainers by Further Performance in Minnesota.

I understand you want to save some money, but a "Used" head won't be as good as a rebuilt/machined head. and may end up costing you more money in the long run.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts