VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone that owns a VR6 knows, making more power is hard. The usual chip, intake, exhaust only satisfies the beginning needs. Until you get spanked left and right by the usual cars around town. But... there is a solution. Utilizing a substance we all know as "nawws" or "nos". Of course the proper term is N2O.
I bring you... my nitrous on my VR6. Installed by me. Yet to be dynoed.

I am open to answer any questions anyone has.
Thanks to:
Matt @ Zex. He is very informative how the system works and how things go together.
Benjamin @ VWaddiction for helping me with the install. He also has the kit on his car yet to be dynoed.
We both will be testing the entry level shot of 55hp. I already have 100hp nozzles in my possession. Once I get more data about on the A/F ratios, I will dyno my car with the 100hp nozzles. As is, the car pulls harder then you would imagine. I only engage the system in 2nd to 4th after 4200 rpm. Ben is running a UPsolute chip Version 8 with his nitrous system. I do highly recommend the use of a colder spark plug, which can be purchased from Zex as well. Full tech report will be available in another week or so, but feel free to IM or email me or Ben @ VwAddiction for further questions.
Enjoy
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
1,364 Posts
Re: ** VR6 Exclusive ** Thou shall not fear the competition! (1BadAzzVR6)

Damn! That's HOT!

· Banned
2,587 Posts

SWEET!!! Ok time for questions
- Any pics under the car where you ran the lines from the tank?
- Did you get the purge kit also?
- You using any gauges?
- What other nozzles are available for this kit? 65 and 75 shots??
(0.02 but 100 shot is pushing it aliilte! Some V8 kits are not even a 100. But again.. 0.02)
Oh, and let see the buttons!!!

· Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: ** VR6 Exclusive ** Thou shall not fear the competition! (KJ-VR6)

KJ - that all will follow my reports. I still havent driven the car more then 10 miles just to make sure the nitrous line underneath isnt rubbing. But i can asnwer a few:
2) Its on its way ... backordered

3) After I think how I want the gauges to be setup, Ill supply a pic of that too.
4) Any shot is available. The VW kit comes with a 55hp shot. I got the 100hp shots as a extra.
5) 100hp is pushing it a bit. But I have thought of a way to run it safely. Of course some more work will be involved. Ive already spoken with GIAC on a custom chip specific for nitrous. I will be looking into other mods b4 i officially run the 100hp shot.
6) I have a temporary switch. I planned to get a blank radio panel and mount the switch and gauge in that assembly. But I havent put any definite thought into what I want to do next.

· Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: ** VR6 Exclusive ** Thou shall not fear the competition! (ninja_van1sh)

quote:[HR][/HR]oh god...heres my 2 cents..nitrous is the pansy way out
[HR][/HR]​
well maybe if i had an extra 5 grand to spend on my car i would get a turbo setup. but unlike u, most of us dubbers have other bills. u want cheap speed, nitrous is the way to go. Give me a reason, with experience to back it up, why you shouldnt go nitrous.
and dont say, "my friend blew up his engine" or "my dads friend ran lean and blew his engine"

· Registered
383 Posts

I've got some q's...
1.Are you running a chip? I've heard chips that advance timming(any but neuspeed I think)+nitrous is a bad combo.
2.Would stock chip be ok to use
3.Upgraded feul system??? you've already answered about the 4bar fpr, but what about feul pump, injectors...
I know there's more I should ask.... let me think of some other questions, and lurk around the zex site a while. BTW thanks for all the info and pics!!!
edit: zex site answered question 3, but created some additional confusion...
new 3. the kit on their site says it's for 2.0... is this the kit you're using or is it something different?
4. don't know why you would but... could you drive around with the system activated but never be on the juice (assuming you don't floor it)

[Modified by john-420, 2:40 AM 3-13-2002]

· Registered
383 Posts
Re: ** VR6 Exclusive ** Thou shall not fear the competition! (quicksand)

quote:[HR][/HR]nos sucks, if you want my opinion, if not well... too late. [HR][/HR]​
so you've tried the NOS set up?
how does it compare to the ZEX system at providing nitrous oxide (N2O)... dork

· Registered
383 Posts
Re: ** VR6 Exclusive ** Thou shall not fear the competition! (01Jetta2.0)

quote:[HR][/HR]I wanna know what kind of cars are spankin u around ur town?[HR][/HR]​
cars I shouldn't be messin with anyways... mostly teenagers in v8 stangs

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.