VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: VR6 Grill emblem removal??? (GLXkiD)

Quote, originally posted by GLXkiD »
use you fingers and pop it out theres a clip and a V clip take ahout 5 sec

ok....I got that now I got one more question. Does anybody know if the Jetta & VR6 emblem on a MK4 are just stick on like the MK3? If so I'll be making a trip to the junkyard

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (Vwjunkie624)

Quote, originally posted by Vwjunkie624 »
If its a MK3 its a piece of cake. MK4's i have no clue.. Just put left index in, pull, detach, and rotate down a little. It should pull out with virtually no problem.

I was talking about the MK4 emblems on the trunk not the grill (I got that out last night). Now I want to replace the MK3 trunk emblems (Jetta & GLX) with the MK4 ones (Jetta & VR6) that are individual letters. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Re: (yzf_nick56)

mk4 and mk3 emblems on the trunk are put on with 3M doublesided tape. use some fishing line and a heatgun to remove them. clean the area with some goo gone. once clean attach 3M double sided tape to the individual letters, then lay them on. putting a piece of masking tape right below where you want to work insures you put them on in a straight line

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.