VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Re: vr6 head question (BakBer)

hahahahaha!!!!1111
i totally meant to say block! but the guy said in his post was talking about a block, and his topic is about a head...so i didnt mean to say that.
lol, i didnt understand why you guys were making fun of me haha

good times

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Re: vr6 head question (pOrKcHoP bOy)

Quote, originally posted by pOrKcHoP bOy »
headstuds diameters are different as well IIRC

as well as coolant passages you mean? I knew about the headstuds.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Re: (.SLEEPYDUB.)

Quote, originally posted by .SLEEPYDUB. »
no...it can be done

Agreed, i recall a reliable rumor that it can be done, someone please chime in about it. That Velicity Tuned guy is porting one for a 2.8 block. REMEMBER THAT A 2.8 intake manifold will not fit on the 3.2 head, they have different dimensions, and if you use the .:R mani. then the .:R intake tube and TB would probably be in order.
Further more, where did you guys hear that the water passageways do not match up? I have not heard that but am eager to read about it.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Re: (RipCity Euros)

Quote, originally posted by RipCity Euros »

Agreed, i recall a reliable rumor that it can be done, someone please chime in about it. That Velicity Tuned guy is porting one for a 2.8 block. REMEMBER THAT A 2.8 intake manifold will not fit on the 3.2 head, they have different dimensions, and if you use the .:R mani. then the .:R intake tube and TB would probably be in order.
Further more, where did you guys hear that the water passageways do not match up? I have not heard that but am eager to read about it.

Powerdubs R32 Head top & Stock 24v BDF head below... the only thing that is different is the head bolt dia. Everything else matches right up http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Any good machine shop should be able to line bore the head bolt holes to the proper size.....

enjoy

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Re: (UpstairsVR6)

http://www.evolutionracingengines.com/imports.html
They have my block right now. Iv seen there set up and its pretty legit. They specialize mostly in Vdub engines. Although I would encourage you to do a head swap yourself as the most difficult part is setting the timing and if you have a bently manual it should be straight forward.
Be advised that many people think that swapping heads is not doable, so they may tell you that it will not work.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Re: (UpstairsVR6)

it does work, I have this setup in my rado at the moment, You have to use the 2.8 headstuds, they do fit thru the r32 head, also you use the 3.2 headgasket. you have to use the r32 fuel too. If you keep the mk4 management, u have to runt the r32 intake mani, tbody, ecu, and the engine bay wiring for the R. Im running SEM and an SRi so none of that stuff matters for me. everything else mechanically is the same and done the same way as if it were a complete 24v or complete R32 ( i.e timing chains, rails, tensioners, accessories ect.)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.