VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
id LOVE to run one..who makes kits for a vr6??
i had one on my 16v rocco..i was wondering how they workd..cause the vr has the paper filter oil filter dont it...no sandwhich plate??
please correct me if im wrong..cause im new to this vr6 stuff..thanks
!

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Re: VR6 OIL COOLER?? (aKaBigMike)

I think matrix engineering makes a kit, and I know autotech makes a kit, but I have yet to see how the sandwhich plate connects, so if you find anything, let me know.. Im interested as well but I want to know how they connect first

·
Registered
11,621 Posts
Re: VR6 OIL COOLER?? (MunKyBoy)

on the VR6 the factory oil exchanger is separate from the oil filter housing, so instead of putting the sandwhich plate between the block/oil exchanger/filter (if you keep the exchanger) it goes between the block/oil exchanger/end cap

·
Registered
35,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you for the help...good stuff i look forward to running one!
NOW that i have a car i take the front end off of..
the rocco was a nightmare

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Re: VR6 OIL COOLER?? (MunKyBoy)

Quote, originally posted by MunKyBoy »
I think matrix engineering makes a kit, and I know autotech makes a kit, but I have yet to see how the sandwhich plate connects, so if you find anything, let me know.. Im interested as well but I want to know how they connect first

Casey,
We certainly do. Email sent.
Best,
Jeremy

·
Registered
2,065 Posts

jeremy, could you send me some info on the oil cooler kits you guys have? I tried to access it through your website but the page for it wouldn't load. The kits and prices you have for a VR jetta is what I'm looking for. Thanks

·
Registered
491 Posts
Re: VR6 OIL COOLER?? (95GLS)

i have the matrix kit on my 3.1 l and the first day we started the car up i got stuck in interstate traffic when it was 100 degrees outside, the highest the oil temp got up to was 118. cooler than my 2.8 was on a regualr fall/sprinish day. install was easy beans-i highly reccommend it.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts

Quote, originally posted by aKaBigMike »
how much do they run for the cooler???
group buy any one...

haha, i would be up for a group buy! Someone set one up!

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Re: VR6 OIL COOLER?? (95GLS)

Quote, originally posted by 95GLS »
jeremy, could you send me some info on the oil cooler kits you guys have? I tried to access it through your website but the page for it wouldn't load. The kits and prices you have for a VR jetta is what I'm looking for. Thanks

Mike,
I'd be happy to. Email on the way. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Jeremy

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Re: VR6 OIL COOLER?? (thirdstorystart)

Quote, originally posted by thirdstorystart »
i have the matrix kit on my 3.1 l and the first day we started the car up i got stuck in interstate traffic when it was 100 degrees outside, the highest the oil temp got up to was 118. cooler than my 2.8 was on a regualr fall/sprinish day. install was easy beans-i highly reccommend it.

Cool beans.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts