VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just finished doing the VR6 swap into a 1995 Cabriolet and the car keeps stalling. It starts and engine just cuts off in couple seconds. Where should I start troubleshooting?
I already checked and double checked and triple checked the wiring, fuel lines are fine too, vac lines are fine, I've even changed the fuel tanks to see if new pump does any difference, it seems like it would be something that just cuts the engine's electricity couple seconds after the car is started.
I'm lost, PLEASE HELP!!!
What else should I check for?
Thank you.

1,598 Posts
Re: VR6 Swap car stalls after start (g0m3z)

Quote, originally posted by g0m3z »
Hi,
Just finished doing the VR6 swap into a 1995 Cabriolet and the car keeps stalling. It starts and engine just cuts off in couple seconds. Where should I start troubleshooting?
I already checked and double checked and triple checked the wiring, fuel lines are fine too, vac lines are fine, I've even changed the fuel tanks to see if new pump does any difference, it seems like it would be something that just cuts the engine's electricity couple seconds after the car is started.
I'm lost, PLEASE HELP!!!
What else should I check for?
Thank you.

did you put gas when you switched tanks? lol

1,598 Posts
Re: (g0m3z)

OMG!!!! LOL
Yes I DID, there actually was some gas in both fuel tanks.
Thanks.

dam you said you checked all the wiring and grounds,with them you have to be careful.sometimes is just some random bs,that makes it fail
and when i had just swapped an engine i forgot to plug o2 sensor and car woudnt stay on

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I know...
Just finished bolting the whole exhaust today, and checked the O2 sensor 3 times, to make sure it is mounted safely and connected securely.
I'm going crazy, nothing helps, it's always the same whatever you do...
Start, runs for around 3 secs and stalls...
I'm thinking if it would help if I would get the car connected to VAGCOM? Will it show what's failing?

Modified by g0m3z at 3:34 PM 8-4-2008

1,598 Posts
Re: (g0m3z)

Yeah, I know...
But I'm going crazy, nothing helps, it's always the same whatever you do...
Start, runs for around 3 secs and stalls...
I'm thinking if it would help if I would get the car connected to VAGCOM? Will it show what's failing?

yea it will show the codes,and also for some reason my car woudnt stay on if i took foot of the gas when my speedsensor was disconnected.check that too.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (GreenGlobbing2.slow)

Haven't particularly checked for the speed sensor but will do tomorrow as it's nearly midnight over here

The car even revs normally if you're quick enough in these 3 seconds of VR6 heaven.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.